All North Texas sports programs achieve winning record for first time since 1978

Skipper

A great accomplishment that shows how Baker is developing an overall sport program.

I do wonder why CUSA doesn't have an all sport competition.  An all sports competition puts focus on sports other than football and basketball. 

Buy a trophy and make the computations, basically a no cost function to add a little punch to the end of the sports year. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

A great accomplishment that shows how Baker is developing an overall sport program.

I do wonder why CUSA doesn't have an all sport competition.  An all sports competition puts focus on sports other than football and basketball. 

Buy a trophy and make the computations, basically a no cost function to add a little punch to the end of the sports year. 

I believe they do.  We get hurt because we don't have baseball. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I believe they do.  We get hurt because we don't have baseball. 

If they do it is a big secret because of years following NT in CUSA, I have never seen it mentioned.

Part of the competition is how many sports a school fields as well as how they do.   Schools that sponsor more sports do have an advantage, but it is not as great as it may seem.   

In essence, they are using funds to field more teams that could have been used to booster the budgets of the major sports.   

NT has the minimum number of teams to be considered at the highest level of NCAA competition.   So they are unlikely to be an all sports champion.

8 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

If they do it is a big secret because of years following NT in CUSA, I have never seen it mentioned.

Part of the competition is how many sports a school fields as well as how they do.   Schools that sponsor more sports do have an advantage, but it is not as great as it may seem.   

In essence, they are using funds to field more teams that could have been used to booster the budgets of the major sports.   

NT has the minimum number of teams to be considered at the highest level of NCAA competition.   So they are unlikely to be an all sports champion.

I see it mentioned every year on the CUSA board.  I'm just not sure if it's an official award from the conference or just the fans doing their thing.  

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I see it mentioned every year on the CUSA board.  I'm just not sure if it's an official award from the conference or just the fans doing their thing.  

It's a board thing. Sites like CUSAbbs love making competition out things like that. Especially random, irrelevant stuff that don't matter in the grand scheme but to stroke their own egos

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 2