93 percent of SGA presidents have been men

“I’m saddened but not surprised to see the low statistics that are associated with the SGA executive office,” SGA Vice President-elect Hillary Shah said. “For too long, women and especially women of color have been pushed out of leadership positions, not because of a lack of leadership ability or qualities to be SGA [executive], but because we’ve always been told that we’re not suited to those kinds of position, even though many times we’re at the same level or over exceed the qualifications or experience to be a leader.”

I am saddened Shah would make an accusation that women have been discouraged to run without proof.  Such a B.S. claim.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

When considering both the office of SGA president and vice president, men have occupied these positions 79.3 percent of the time, while women make up 20.5 percent of the occupants of those offices. Numerically, 116 men and 30 women have been either SGA president or vice president

Have to wonder what the other .2 were??

Was the Albino Squirrel elected?? 

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I am saddened Shah would make an accusation that women have been discouraged to run without proof.  Such a B.S. claim.

But it fits the recent popular narrative of victimhood..  

It’s just like when the women’s coach for Notre Dame, Muffet McGraw used her press conference during their Final Four run to soap box about the same rediculous non issue, spouting statistics and complaining of the low number of women in power positions like elected office, head coaching, C.E.O...etc..  She later embarrassed herself by unknowingly invalidating her complaints when asked after getting her ass kicked (by another female coach...LOL)..in the championship game,...if she planned on resigning now and running for office?  To which she replied no, she was happy doing the job she had.  With that answer she added herself to the same statistics she was complaining about and proved why those statistics exist,...choice.  

There’s no horrific grand scheme to keep women from positions of power.  They simply do not seek elected office at the same level of numbers that men do.

So silly.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 3

Have to sort of agree with FFR here....why are folks trying to find ways to make “something out of nothing”? Not just this, but this “victim” garbage is getting way out of hand. Give it a rest folks and move along. With all this global warming shouldn’t all the snowflakes be melting by now? 😂😂🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

this concludes today's Old White Man Dismisses Social Change round-table. 

tomorrow's round-table is titled "Everyone has the Same Opportunity in America". over/under is set at 5.5 mentions of "boot straps".

So other than your typical comments, what is your take on the situation?  Anything other than women should be barefoot, pregnant and stationed in the kitchen is unacceptable. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

On 4/19/2019 at 10:17 PM, Censored by Laurie said:

this concludes today's Old White Man Dismisses Social Change round-table. 

tomorrow's round-table is titled "Everyone has the Same Opportunity in America". over/under is set at 5.5 mentions of "boot straps".

The future of social change for women is definitely in the right hands.

1F62B241-2643-4619-ACA4-B2A4F624C6AF.jpeg.45dd2b7213626a2c7ea5271b3f22b707.jpeg

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 4/18/2019 at 4:42 PM, UNTLifer said:

I have her in a class and I’m not surprised by her rhetoric. I do not support her and found myself disappointed that she was elected. The SGA on campus has become increasingly one sided with a clear agenda. It’s obvious what that agenda is. 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 1

• Harry locked this topic