Best WR/QB combos in college football 2019

Salsa_Verde

"The Duo: QB Mason Fine and WR Rico Bussey Jr.

Fine's History: Heading into his senior year, Fine is already a North Texas legend. He holds the program record for career passing yards (9,417) and is just six touchdowns from breaking that mark as well. The school's single-best season win total is nine, which Fine has matched in both years as the full-time starter.

Bussey's History: As a sophomore, Bussey ranked third on the Mean Green with 47 catches and 677 yards. But last year, he recorded team-high totals of 68 receptions, 1,017 yards and 12 scores.

2019 Outlook: North Texas is loaded in 2019. Fine headlines an offense that returns Bussey, a second-team All-C-USA running back (DeAndre Torrey) and two 400-yard wideouts (Jaelon Darden and Michael Lawrence). As long as UNT finds its offensive tackles, Fine should threaten for the 4,000-yard mark with 1,000-plus to Bussey."

Nice article and another pic of Fine to go with it.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

7 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

#4 on this list is upcoming opponent UH and their quarterback D'eriq King.   

I don't think we should underestimate how tough a matchup this guy will pose.  He accounted for 50 touchdowns last season in 11 games.  

King is going to be tough.  He's a very smart player. 
But I think Lil' Briles' offense had a lot to do with the explosion of production there.   Holgorsen's offense isn't as fast-paced, so maybe his production will slow down a little.   Whereas, on the flipside, maybe Reeder's offense will allow Fine's production to increase.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I don't think we should underestimate how tough a matchup this guy will pose.  He accounted for 50 touchdowns last season in 11 games.  

we should never underestimate a dual threat qb! He is scary.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I feel like we can match well to his arm. It’s his feet that are cause to worry.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

I feel like we can match well to his arm. It’s his feet that are cause to worry.

Everyone generally struggles against a dual-threat QB (which is why basically everyone in the college game is looking for one), but I feel like we have been particularly susceptible to them over the past several years. Under the current system, it might be because of the attacking nature of the defense resulting in LBs being upfield when the QB takes off, thus allowing running lanes and allowing him to get to the next level untouched. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Everyone generally struggles against a dual-threat QB (which is why basically everyone in the college game is looking for one), but I feel like we have been particularly susceptible to them over the past several years. Under the current system, it might be because of the attacking nature of the defense resulting in LBs being upfield when the QB takes off, thus allowing running lanes and allowing him to get to the next level untouched. 

This is why I want to see some situations where we use a package specifically for Bean.  Maybe an option wrinkle or bring him into the game in the slot and motion him to under center late in the play clock.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, NTXCoog said:

I know this is a joke, but with 504 career receiving yards and 3 TD receptions. King truly is a triple threat

So would you say it’s his singing, or his dancing, that we should be most worried about?  Does he have a decent stand-up routine?  

And I still want to know why the Houston-JC message board is down for maintenance.  It must be of so many of their members are over here 5 months before the game.