247Sports: Projecting College Football's Top 25 Qbs of 2019

UNTLifer

1 hour ago, meaniegreenie said:

After watching the past few years, just thinking back about McNutley makes me want to punch ol "Big Ring" in the face.

I just wonder “what kind of year could we have had in 2013 if Mason was the QB.”   I think we beat Tulane and nUTSAck that year, host the CUSA title game and perhaps win the conference title.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, meaniegreenie said:

After watching the past few years, just thinking back about McNutley makes me want to punch ol "Big Ring" in the face.

McNultey was not as bad as everyone says he was.  It's hard to sustain drives when almost every other pass you throw is 3rd and long because the run game came up short or when you do actually throw it, your receivers drop the ball because they've been practicing blocking during practice.  And from comments Quinn has made on some of the Beyond the Green episodes, it sounds like that qb room was extremely toxic.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

McNultey was not as bad as everyone says he was.  It's hard to sustain drives when almost every other pass you throw is 3rd and long because the run game came up short or when you do actually throw it, your receivers drop the ball because they've been practicing blocking during practice.  And from comments Quinn has made on some of the Beyond the Green episodes, it sounds like that qb room was extremely toxic.

McNulty sucked—a lot. He was not a FBS-level QB. He was fortunate to play for his dad’s college buddy and for an OC that liked how he graded out on his exams. And, of course, he played with Josh Greer, who wasn’t even a FCS level QB, as well other QBs who couldn’t keep their grades up or just couldn’t play.

Mason Fine is literally 180 degrees from that crew.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I gotta commend you.  Most people aren’t this passionate about their safety school...especially not after having to go there when they fail out of a four year university.

Really why does the Cougar Queen come on this forum?  Doesnt UofH have one or did they throw him out?  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CK2 said:

Cry and whine all you want but I'm right. Fine would start at every FBS school in Texas not named UH, UT and Tech if Bowman is healthy.

This is 100% speculation. King is a true dual threat type guy. It's all philosophy of the coaching staff that determines what brand of football they want their QB playing. Mike Leach or any disciple of would take Mason Fine over King most days. Urban Meyer or any disciple of would take King over Mason Fine most days. When you're not too busy blatantly trolling, you talk in sweeping generalizations too much on here. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2019 at 10:04 PM, emmitt01 said:

I just wonder “what kind of year could we have had in 2013 if Mason was the QB.”   I think we beat Tulane and nUTSAck that year, host the CUSA title game and perhaps win the conference title.  

Well, this would be ideal. We would basically be combining our best offensive player in school history (MF would do well with some of those 2013 weapons, even in that dinosaur offense) with our best defense over the last decade. I believe that UGA game in 2013 in this scenario would be a fun one too. Could've been a table running type year. We need to get some guys like that back in here that are blood thirsty; Orr, Akunne, Abbe, Sarge, Trice, Lee, etc. We have some guys that sort of fit that mold, but philosophies can bring out the best in players or it can expose all of their weaknesses. We are setup right now to feast or famine on defense and the 3-3-5 tends itself to be a little more finesse and softer. The constant running of base 4-3 puts itself out there on display and tells the opponent, "Here we are, come get it." That 2013 was such a bland team to watch, but the defense may have been more entertaining to watch than the offense and that's rare air in the 21st century. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

When you're not too busy blatantly trolling, you talk in sweeping generalizations too much on here. 

His middle school education and socialization only through online contacts has led to this type of analysis.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1