I think I am done with the NBA.  Loved Dirk, how he played the game and how he never acted like the superstar he was/is.  I have said for years that when he retired I would be done with the NBA and I think I am going through with that.  The end of a era for a first ballot HOF'er.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 2
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

Other than glancing up at the screen the rare occasions I eat at Applebee's or some place like that, I've been done with the NBA a long time.  The attitude of so many of the players these days is a complete turnoff, and the NCAA Tournament is a million times more exciting than the NBA playoffs.

• Upvote 6
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Other than glancing up at the screen the rare occasions I eat at Applebee's or some place like that, I've been done with the NBA a long time.  The attitude of so many of the players these days is a complete turnoff, and the NCAA Tournament is a million times more exciting than the NBA playoffs.

Yep, right there with you.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3

19 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I think I am done with the NBA.  Loved Dirk, how he played the game and how he never acted like the superstar he was/is.  I have said for years that when he retired I would be done with the NBA and I think I am going through with that.  The end of a era for a first ballot HOF'er.

So having a future superstar like Luka doesn't do it for you?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

So having a future superstar like Luka doesn't do it for you?

Maybe I will miss out.  I will follow them, but I really only watched this year because I thought it would be Dirk's final season.  I haven't watched an NBA All-Star game, a regular season game or play off game all the way through in years.  Tired of Lebron's diva attitude, the star system that has always been in place, etc...  Just not my cup of tea anymore.  Luka is another special talent and if the Mav's ever get back to the playoffs then I will probably follow them then, but I am pretty much done with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Maybe I will miss out.  I will follow them, but I really only watched this year because I thought it would be Dirk's final season.  I haven't watched an NBA All-Star game, a regular season game or play off game all the way through in years.  Tired of Lebron's diva attitude, the star system that has always been in place, etc...  Just not my cup of tea anymore.  Luka is another special talent and if the Mav's ever get back to the playoffs then I will probably follow them then, but I am pretty much done with it.

I hate the one pony show the NBA has become as much as the next guy and dislike that talk is only about a few specific players, aka Lebrick, but I think the Mavs are really on to something. Between Luka, Porzingis, Brunson, and a high first rounder in the draft, this team is already shaping into a contender and they are all still really young. Even Jackson started to round into form towards the end of the season. There's plenty to look forward to with this team. 

Edit: Just to clarify, I only follow the Mavs. Once they miss the playoffs, etc. I stop paying attention. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 3:25 PM, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I hate the one pony show the NBA has become as much as the next guy and dislike that talk is only about a few specific players, aka Lebrick, but I think the Mavs are really on to something. Between Luka, Porzingis, Brunson, and a high first rounder in the draft, this team is already shaping into a contender and they are all still really young. Even Jackson started to round into form towards the end of the season. There's plenty to look forward to with this team. 

Edit: Just to clarify, I only follow the Mavs. Once they miss the playoffs, etc. I stop paying attention. 

I know Dirk will still play a role in the Mavs organization, and I hope he influences other star Europeans Luka and KP to stick around for a long time. This team could be special real soon.

8 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I know Dirk will still play a role in the Mavs organization, and I hope he influences other star Europeans Luka and KP to stick around for a long time. This team could be special real soon.

Cuban loves him and has stated he can have whatever roll he wants in the organization. Would love to see him as an assistant coach to keep mentoring the young guys.

• Upvote 2