Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Brett Vito

DRC: Here's a way-too-early look at UNT's 2019 football scheule

Recommended Posts

I don't think UTSA should be a close game.  I might be wrong but I think they are going to be down even further than last season. The quarterback that frustrated us last season is gone. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I don't think UTSA should be a close game.  I might be wrong but I think they are going to be down even further than last season. The quarterback that frustrated us last season is gone. 

Agree.   I think the game we should win but might lose is actually SMU.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I don't think UTSA should be a close game.  I might be wrong but I think they are going to be down even further than last season. The quarterback that frustrated us last season is gone. 

I thought the same when I read it. Their QB situation is up in the air and Frank Wilson is Frank Wilson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If history is any indication, we only lose to UTSA when we are absolutely confident in a W.

Don't count your eggs, friends.

  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see 7 or 8 wins.

Sure wins: ACU, Rice, UTEP

Probable wins: UTSA, Charlotte, UAB, MUTS 

Toss ups—SMU, USM

Probable Losses—Cal, UH, La Tech

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My way too early prediction?  Undefeated. There isn’t a game on our schedule we should not win, not one.  Will we?  I don’t think so, but it is way too early so I will be way too optimistic. 

There isn’t a conference game we should not win. Cal worries me as does Houston. I really want to beat smuT and Houston, Cal would be icing on the cake and I expect us to sweep conference. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I'm debating with Vito on Twitter about this and I know some people may disagree, but to me, Houston is our biggest OOC game. 

-They are the marquee G5 program in the state and have been one of the best in the nation for a decade.

-Even though they're not the rival SMU is, they're still an in-state rival that we're trying to catch in terms of facilities and on-field success. 

-We directly compete against them for lots of recruits every season.

-The game itself is going to be a bigger event than the SMU game. Houston always brings a ton of fans and I can easily see this game being a sellout if both teams get off to a good start. 

 

 

I would agree.  Honestly, I get tired of the articles about our series with smuT and how they have dominated it over the years.  Since 1990, smuT leads the series 4-5, but I feel like we are passing them by as a program.  They keep throwing money at a losing proposition.  Dallas doesn't care about them and based upon their attendance, their students and local alumni don't either, but the money behind the program keeps them afloat so they have something to brag about.  They are a program on its deathbed.  

UH, on the other hand, is very similar to us as an institution and we are right behind them as a program.  The above is 100% accurate.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like our schedule, and am optimistic about beating Berkeley. Some school in their conference pops up occasionally, but for the most part, I don't have much respect for their conference as far as big boys go. Hope to make that game.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, risinggreen said:

I like our schedule, and am optimistic about beating Berkeley. Some school in their conference pops up occasionally, but for the most part, I don't have much respect for their conference as far as big boys go. Hope to make that game.

Agreed. They did not look good at all last year; especially their snore fest Bowl Game,  and the PAC-12 as a whole has had a steep drop off from a few years ago. I like our chances. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 7:59 AM, UNTcrazy727 said:

I'm debating with Vito on Twitter about this and I know some people may disagree, but to me, Houston is our biggest OOC game. 

-They are the marquee G5 program in the state and have been one of the best in the nation for a decade.

-Even though they're not the rival SMU is, they're still an in-state rival that we're trying to catch in terms of facilities and on-field success. 

-We directly compete against them for lots of recruits every season.

-The game itself is going to be a bigger event than the SMU game. Houston always brings a ton of fans and I can easily see this game being a sellout if both teams get off to a good start. 

 

 

Agreed, it will also match up 2 of the top quarterbacks in the nation, by far the 2 best in G5.  Huge game, and I hope our defense will be ready because King is legit and in my opinion the most talented QB Littrell and co has had to face at UNT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UNT18Grad said:

Agreed, it will also match up 2 of the top quarterbacks in the nation, by far the 2 best in G5.  Huge game, and I hope our defense will be ready because King is legit and in my opinion the most talented QB Littrell and co has had to face at UNT.

I think Jordan Love is better.   He anihilated us in the NM Bowl, so let’s just hope King doesn’t do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 9:05 PM, untjim1995 said:

I see 7 or 8 wins.

Sure wins: ACU, Rice, UTEP

Probable wins: UTSA, Charlotte, UAB, MUTS 

Toss ups—SMU, USM

Probable Losses—Cal, UH, La Tech

I can get on board with a lot of this. I would probably put Charlotte in the sure win category, but I guess I would have put ODU in that category last year. But on the basis of both teams playing peak level football, I would put Charlotte in there. UTSA is always a hairy game. I wish we would just throttle them and get it over with. UAB and MTSU, both wildcards with a lot of moving unknowns and missing variables. Probably closer to the 'sure win' than 'probable', but I see credence in having them where you do. SMU is always a toss up. And traveling to USM is never easy. I truly believe, that if our offense can find momentum in your probable loss teams, we can legitimately compete in all three of those games. I think we owe LaTech a punch in the throat and that will be on our teams mind. We need to be competitive with UH just because it perceptionally needs to happen, and I think we can be. Cal is the complete wildcard. They looked pitiful in their bowl, and from a declining conference. But they beat both USC and Washington last year, the representatives in the Pac12 Champ game. Then got smoked by some pretty average Pac12 teams as well. Week 2 last year they beat Weber State 33-20. IF they take us lightly like they took Weber, I really, really like our chances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...