beIN Sports fails to gain traction

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/conference-usa/2019/4/5/18296187/conference-usa-might-need-to-search-for-a-new-home-as-bein-sports-fails-to-gain-traction

With a deal in place with ESPN and CBS Sports already in motion to carry a good amount of football and basketball games on ESPN3, ESPN+ and the CBS Sports Network (as well as Stadium on Facebook and Twitter), it’s a good chance that one of these carriers will pick up the 10 games that beIN Sports televised last season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I loved BeIN when they were on TV sets, as they always treated CUSA with respect and put out a decent product. However, with the current situation to where they are being carried, extending is simply not an option, this needs to stop now until they figure their side out. Better to put those games on Facebook, Stadium, CBSsports if possible or if we need to go the route of evil: ESPN+

• Upvote 5

It would be great if NBCSports would start covering college football--we really need a REAL network to be a part of that won't make us play on mid-weeknights to be on their platform (see ESPN for MAC and SBC and even Pac-12 after dark on Friday nights). Playing games on something called beIN was just flat out embarrassing, as is playing a game broadcast on Facebook.

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

15 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

At least the Facebook stream is convenient.  With beIN you had to get a streaming package or the super fancy sports package bundle for your cable service. 

True, but nothing sounds small time like saying that your conference games are televised as a package by Facebook

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really hated the quality of the ESPN+ broadcasts for some of our games - Old Dominion comes to mind and was the absolute worst. Even some of the basketball games on there were mediocre camera control at best. 

I also really like being able to watch pre-game - And that's really hard to do on ESPN+. You can't even navigate to the game until it's game start time. It drives me crazy, but that might just be a personal preference. I did like that you could do this on Stadium/Facebook; just tune in live 30 minutes before the game started and they would be showing our pre-game warm-up live/that would be what they were covering, but tend to agree that it sounds pretty "small time." You also get the same commercials over and over again. Regardless - Something needs to be done about the poor coverage. But, at the end of the day, I'm just glad I get to watch an away game on TV if I can't be there in person.

When will there be a new C-USA Commissioner? Do they have certain 'term' lengths? (Honestly asking - I don't know how this works)

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2019 at 1:52 PM, untjim1995 said:

True, but nothing sounds small time like saying that your conference games are televised as a package by Facebook

Facebook does a great job of broadcasting games.  Their stream is much better than what ESPN provides.  I always enjoy watching games on Facebook. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Facebook does a great job of broadcasting games.  Their stream is much better than what ESPN provides.  I always enjoy watching games on Facebook. 

Though I agree that Facebook streaming can be a clearer and more in tune broadcast. It still bleeds small time and has a minuscule platform in regards to college football streaming. It's better to be on ESPN+ than not be on it. 

My experience maybe unique, but I think ESPN is inferior to almost anything including the CUSA network.  There are not as many buffering issues on CUSA as ESPN although the feed is the same.  Bein is great if you can find assess. 

A lot of the problems are related to the quality of the school generated streams.   Nothing like watching a basketball game and having replays and advertisements during live play.     

CUSA should enact some type of standards for equipment ,announcers and interruptions of live play.  

• Upvote 1