Big Time Tight End commits to UNT

Love it.  This young man looks like an incredible addition to what's growing in Denton.  Welcome aboard, Mr. Lee!

A couple benefits to recruiting tight ends...

1. The Flex TE is becoming an almost indispensable mismatch weapon in the game and should really help the offense play quicker without sacrificing the running game.  Last year, SB Nation had a nice breakdown ( LINK ).  Of note, Jayce Gilder was second on EWU last year with seven TDs.
  2. A 17 year old playing TE is still growing into his body.  A larger frame with added weight could be used on either line, if TE does not work out.  There are many examples of tackles who were recruited as TEs (Lane Johnson, Jake Fisher, etc.)
Edited by jdennis82
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

I have some insight into this player. My nephew went to school with him, and my brother is a season ticket holder at Friendswood and has watched this young man develop since moving there from Clear Springs. Lee is a big athletic player that could be a great weapon as a  hybrid type TE/FB. My sources tell me he is the most athletic player on their team. That is quite a statement for a junior that is his size.

I'm also told our coaches need to give their sophomore QB a look too.

• Upvote 4