Softball vs St. Mary’s

2 hours ago, blurbeard said:

I’m actually more concerned with La Tech, 10-2 now then WKU!

True, but we won the series in Ruston and don't play them again in the regular season.  We do have a big series in Bowling Green, obviously, because they rarely travel to Denton.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, blurbeard said:

I’m actually more concerned with La Tech, 10-2 now then WKU!

That’s a good point. I actually didn’t realize they haven’t lost at all since playing us. La Tech still has series against WKU (Ruston) and Marshall (Huntington). I think if we can avoid a sweep at WKU we may be able to win this. 

14 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

If you had to choose, would you rather have North Texas win a regular season title or win the conference tournament? 

Both, our soccer team did it last fall and our softball team will do it this spring! We just need to take one series at a time! #GMG 

You can read too much into these things and I’m probably doing just that but wKY just doesn’t scare me.

Maybe I’m wrong but something I noticed about wKY last week after seeing that they were receiving votes(13). 

Their record was an impressive  26-6 going into this weekend.  But up to that point they had only played two ranked teams and actually beat #17 Kentucky the week before, which led to them getting votes.

But of their 26 wins....24 were against losing programs, many of them absolutely trash teams similar to St Mary’s with less than 10 wins on the year.  

North Texas on the other hand has faced a much tougher schedule,  has played 5 ranked teams and beat three of them. (A&M just beat #13 Georgia this week btw).

Of our 25 wins 18 has come against teams currently with losing records.  However, three of those programs aren’t exactly trash.

Northwestern State and Kent State are barely below .500 but have a winning record in conference.  The other team we have a win over that’s just below .500 is UTA, but they’ve had a hell of a couple of weeks when they sandwiched two great wins over #12 Arkansas and #13 Ok State between getting swept by Troy (29-13) and #10 ULL (33-4).

Thats right...the Mean Green still stand as only one of four teams with a win over the Ragin Cajun’s.

So...3 of our 18 wins over losing programs aren’t exactly against pushover trash teams (St. Mary’s).

Anyhow, I just feel we have the better team and control our own destiny in conference.

No reason at all that we can’t leave Bowling Green next week with the conference lead if we get the solid pitching we’ve had and if our bats stay hot.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick