DRC: Saturday scrimmage notes

Brett Vito

22 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

#20 and #40 looked good out there at LB. #32 was a monster. All the starting DL's were putting a lot of pressure on the QB's and I saw a lot of #45 and #46 around the ball when they were in there. That's good, because they both look like they are capable of jamming up the middle.

just going by todays efforts, #47 seems to have the strongest leg. #49 under kicked a 50+ yrd FG attempt, and #47 had more than enough leg, he just missed. 

#20 = Will LeMasters

#40 = Mike Linehan

#32 = Joe Ozougwu

#45 = Derrick Shaw

#46 = Nick Pichon

#47 = Ethan Mooney

#49 = Zach Williams

On 3/30/2019 at 5:32 PM, SilverEagle said:

Aune looks like #2 and Martin looks like #3.  Bean still tries to make up for his indecision with his legs. He does have good wheels, but then, just about everyone else does too.  BV is right, Keune will probably redshirt. He does have some Fine-like qualities however.

Addaway looked pretty good. He weaved through the middle of the defense for his first TD. He has very good speed, but I still haven't been able to evaluate his power running.

Siggers is getting back into rhythm as a rb after spending a season at DB.  

White looks pretty good and Shorter made some pretty good catches, but he seemed a bit off after taking an uncomfortable fall in the endzone going for a fade pass. He got mugged most of the day by the DB's...…...as did all of the WR's. It looks like our DB's are being turned loose to go bonzai on the receivers. Hopefully they will then learn to dial it back.

#20 and #40 looked good out there at LB. #32 was a monster. All the starting DL's were putting a lot of pressure on the QB's and I saw a lot of #45 and #46 around the ball when they were in there. That's good, because they both look like they are capable of jamming up the middle.

just going by todays efforts, #47 seems to have the strongest leg. #49 under kicked a 50+ yrd FG attempt, and #47 had more than enough leg, he just missed. 

All the receivers had to battle a brutal cold gusty wind today. It never got over 48 degrees and the wind averaged around 15-20 mph. 

I was sooooo glad to get back into my truck. 

Adawa runs with power. He will get just that much more powerful throughout this offseason. I believe he will steal plenty of reps away from other running backs this season. I like Siggers' frame and potential in a slot/back role though. I think he could be very dangerous. And of course we have our knowns in Torrey and Easly if he comes back fully healthy. The addition of Adaway to this group is very beneficial. Most powerful back we have as a true freshman, and he could be a workhorse type back as a sophomore.