WBI Final @ Appalachian State

Should be a big challenge, App St. has 6'4 space eater in the paint.  Had two 20 rb games in tournament.  

Very strange that NT has scored 56 points in every tournament game.  

NT won the last game with both George and Bradley having bad overall games.  

This game is going to be very tough and for NT to win, they are going to have play much better. 

• Upvote 1

We have some really promising pieces for next year. Mims is a great ball handler. I think shepherd shows promise along with Townley. George (who will be a senior) has had some fantastic games and then at other times struggles mightily. Bradley’s scoring will be very hard to replace. 

I think this recruiting class will get a lot of minutes next year as well. It is a very disappointing end to the season, because we are getting completely annihilated (App State has outscored us 65-30 since we had a 12 point lead), but Mitchell has pulled this program from the depths to at least a respectable middle of the pack team. Next step is to legitimately contend for a conference title. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Venson said:

I feel for Bradley. She gave a heart and soul for this team. I hate to see her leave without some kind of hardware, but she has helped Coach Mitchell turn this program around.

And I’m sure Mitchell wants more. She probably wanted to be contending for conference titles already. But the fact is this was a BAD program for the better part of 15 years before she took over. I think the days of single digit win totals are over for our team.

Edit: in fact over the last 20 years the program has really only had success when she’s been a part of it. Either as a player or coach. 

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 4