WBI Final @ Appalachian State

Will ask a mod to update the topic title once the opponent is known.  Depending on the winner of Campbell @ Appalachian State tonight (6pm CT) the final will either be:

Campbell @ North Texas - 7pm Tuesday 4/2 (Yes, please)

OR

North Texas @ Appalachian State - Wednesday 4/3

The Campbell vs. App State game tonight is on ESPN+.  Presumably if App State were to host the final, that game would be on ESPN+ as well.

• Upvote 1

App State is 21-14. Three common opponents this year.  Marshall (twice) and UAB.  App State beat Marshall twice (both in Boone) by 22 (November) and 12 (WBI Quarterfinal) and lost to UAB by 19 in Birmingham.  We lost to Marshall by 12 in Huntington (February) and lost by 10 to UAB in Birmingham (January).  

This will likely be a challenging game on the road.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

App State is 21-14. Three common opponents this year.  Marshall (twice) and UAB.  App State beat Marshall twice (both in Boone) by 22 (November) and 12 (WBI Quarterfinal) and lost to UAB by 19 in Birmingham.  We lost to Marshall by 12 in Huntington (February) and lost by 10 to UAB in Birmingham (January).  

This will likely be a challenging game on the road.

North Texas is 4-7 on the road for the season but also 4-1 on a neutral court, so 8-8 when not playing at the SuperPit.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

The Campbell vs. App State game tonight is on ESPN+.  Presumably if App State were to host the final, that game would be on ESPN+ as well.

So far, ESPN is not showing that this game will be broadcasted on ESPN+.  I hope that changes or someone else picks it up. 

4 hours ago, southsideguy said:

So the WBI is like the men's CBI tournament?   Did we have to pay to be in it?

Yes, it is similar.  You still have to get chosen by the tournament organizers, but have to pay if you are the home team for a game (most of which appears to go to the other team for travel).

2 hours ago, greenjoe said:

I’m all for that.  My 50 year high school reunion needed a place and my wife said OK without a problem.  However, I’m a little hurt that Lifer just assumes my house is “a smaller venue” than the Coliseum. 

Is Miller High Life OK with everyone ?

Last I checked you were about 500 square feet shy.  Of course, you never had orange furniture, so you are #1 in my book.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2