AAC $1 Billion Media Rights Deal - Part 2

DeepGreen

Just now, RiseUNT said:

I think uconn will be the first fracture in the break of aac. They are losing 40 million a year and only have one regional rival.

Worst case scenario is they move to big east and drop down football one level. 

Best case they move to acc.

AAC-Map.png

Just looking at that map how is that conference sustainable?

• Upvote 4

• 2 months later...
On 3/29/2019 at 12:47 PM, RiseUNT said:

I think uconn will be the first fracture in the break of aac. They are losing 40 million a year and only have one regional rival.

Worst case scenario is they move to big east and drop down football one level. 

Best case they move to acc.

AAC-Map.png

Boom

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2019 at 12:47 PM, RiseUNT said:

They are losing 40 million a year and only have one regional rival.

Can you elaborate on this?

Brett just reported that each AAC school gets 7+ mil/year from their TV/media deal.  CUSA schools get $450K.  Seems like a no-brainer move up.

Edited by greenminer

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Can you elaborate on this?

Brett just reported that each AAC school gets 7+ mil/year from their TV/media deal.  CUSA schools get $450K.  Seems like a no-brainer move up.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.courant.com/sports/hc-sp-uconn-sports-athletic-department-finances-revenue-expenses-20190117-2wdp5gimnvhlliwykl6npcmy7u-story.html%3FoutputType%3Damp&ved=2ahUKEwiJ6_qu2_3iAhVO2qwKHYGWB1wQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0k9Q4SdJK-PGmHk55ckuc-&ampcf=1

Just now, CK2 said:

Clearly you havent been paying attention to Uconn basketball lately. They were bottom feeders in the AAC

Their women are great and they win a natty just 5 years ago. Everyone knows they are a tremendous program. The AAC really lost cred as a men’s league when they fell back. People laughed at Cincy, Wichita State, and y’all being their bellcows—absolutely no prayer of being anymore than a Sweet 16 league once UConn fell back.

As it turns out, UConn realized y’all brought nothing to their programs and bolted ASAP. As in something y’all got shown to not be able to do when the Big 12 did to UH’s application what UNT did to your grades for stating admitted here as a student.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, CK2 said:

Yet your own beat writer immediately put out an article seeing if UNT can join our conference. Plus you got many of your fellow posters wanting in.

You put out some nonsense about nothing being brought to the table whewhen UConn has been at the bottom of the AAC in every category. 

You tried to shit talk us losing a close game to Kentucky in the Sweet 16, how about you let me know when UNT even SNIFFS the bathroom door handle of the arena the NCAA Tournament is being held at.

I don’t remember saying one word about us being in the AAC or anything else regarding our athletics. I just posted the facts about UConn being way above y’all in the hierarchy of college sports. And they are going to make more money for their best sports while playing teams that their fans care about.

Nowhere did I mention us going into your conference. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1