NT Pro Day

97and03

22 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That's impossible.   I heard from multiple people on here that because he dropped a few passes last year, he made a colossal mistake declaring for the draft & should have come back to NT for more seasoning.

He dropped more than a few, but I am man enough to admit when I was wrong. I didn't realize he was that fast either. I've always said physically it seems like he's a great fit for the NFL, and now that we know how fast he is in terms of a benchmark, as well as the other benchmark numbers, that confirms it.  I'm glad he's generating some interest and hope he gets on with a team. Very smart to use his connection with Murray to workout with him and get some free publicity.  I still don't think he'll get drafted but I would be very surprised if he didn't get a UDFA contract and end up on a practice squad next year.  Depending on how well he does in camp and preseason, I also wouldn't be surprised if he made it to a 53 man roster.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That's impossible.   I heard from multiple people on here that because he dropped a few passes last year, he made a colossal mistake declaring for the draft & should have come back to NT for more seasoning.

Size, speed and agility don't equal good hands.  I wish Guyton the best, hope he gets drafted and has a Hall of Fame career, but he didn't have his best year last year.  That could have been for a number of reasons.  I think the dirty hit he took against Army negatively effected him.  Maybe he didn't want to take another one of those a jeopardize a pro career.  I really don't know.  I liked the young man, how he came here and worked hard after transferring from ND and a JUCO and I will be his biggest fan, but last year wasn't his best.

• Upvote 4