DRC: UNT expanding role of tight ends this spring

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Agreed. Kelvin Smith has been one of our most consistent players the past few years and has been severely underutilized.

Excited to see what he brings to the table as a bigger piece in the offense

I am a huge Kelvin Smith fan, but he has to hold on to the ball better this year.  I'm betting he has a huge year.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I am a huge Kelvin Smith fan, but he has to hold on to the ball better this year.  I'm betting he has a huge year.

I never noticed that KS dropped any passes. He looked pretty good yesterday morning at practice. He's now wearing #9 and he looks a little slimmer than last year. 

Amongst the TE's yesterday Cole McCrary ("86) was "Mr. Hustle". I think he could be Smith's back up this year. 

Now, if you want to talk about someone having a problem holding on to the ball, that would be Mr. Hair-Griffin. One of the QB's hit him in the old bread basket on a crossing pattern and it bounced right out. At this point, I don't trust him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

I never noticed that KS dropped any passes. He looked pretty good yesterday morning at practice. He's now wearing #9 and he looks a little slimmer than last year. 

Amongst the TE's yesterday Cole McCrary ("86) was "Mr. Hustle". I think he could be Smith's back up this year. 

Now, if you want to talk about someone having a problem holding on to the ball, that would be Mr. Hair-Griffin. One of the QB's hit him in the old bread basket on a crossing pattern and it bounced right out. At this point, I don't trust him. 

Would love more practice updates! Always appreciate the insight Silver

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1