DRC: Wednesday practice notes -- UNT preps for pro day

Brett Vito

27 minutes ago, Travis said:

The time would be about right for SL to pull a TD and swing Fine out to slot reciever....

WWTDD

Dodge would have never done that.

He would have benched him because he didn’t “grade out” properly...thus guaranteeing that Mason would have an NFL career

Edited by emmitt01
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Dodge would have never done that.

He would have benched him because he didn’t “grade out” properly...thus guaranteeing that Mason would have an NFL career

I just hope he doesn’t  “transfer” because he heard Jason Bean is actually Coach Littrell’s long-lost son here to take his job.

The backup QB's looked a lot better than last year. First of all, they all have good-to-great arms. Aune looks much more comfortable than last year when he was basically going through the motions. He has a strong arm and a pretty quick release. Martin looked good as well. He has a good release and he places the ball well. Bean, well, he likes to run. I could be wrong, but I think he is the only QB that took of on a run during the 11 on 11, and he took off twice. Now one time he had a real open field in front of him, so the run was understandable. If I were giving him coach-like comments I would say "we know you can run, what we really need to know is if you can look at all your options before you run" Kuehne looked just as comfortable as any of the top three starters out there. He has a strong arm, and a slightly quicker release than some of the others. It'll be real interesting to see how this works out by April 6th. 

All the RB's from last year were there and giving it a real go. Siggers looked as quick as ever, and Adaway showed a lot of speed on a long sideline run. I didn't get to see him take it up the middle, so I don't know how much of a power runner he is.

Both lines looked pretty good. The OL gave both Smith and the other quick/small backs some room to run off tackle. The DB's were being VERY aggressive on passing drills. But even with them "mugging" the receivers White (#14) came down with a ball with a DB still trying to pull his helmet off. We need that kind of concentration/determination in all our receivers. 

Mike Linehan came out of nowhere and stretched out and almost came up with a one handed int. off a Fine pass toward the end of the practice. Very impressive.

• Upvote 3