Green Brigade

7 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

If you recall, there was an on-field recognition of a major donation for new GB unis back at I think the Rice home game from last year.

Nope, I don't remember that at all. That must have been the game where I brought my grandkids and took them to the restroom and then to get something to drink during halftime. 

Am I to assume that the new unis have been selected?

Edited by SilverEagle

19 minutes ago, letsgiveacheer said:

In the past, it has come from the College of Music budget and is a huge expense for them;  somewhere in the neighborhood of $250,000

Thanks, just ignore the private message that I just sent you.

So, was the $250K for the 125 member Band that you were in? If so, buying uni's for a 400+ monstrosity is mind blowing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 10:03 AM, SilverEagle said:

👍👍

BTW, I wonder if they are thinking about getting new uni's. 

I've always liked the idea of sports coats, fedora hats and sunglasses. Like the Blues Brothers except green jackets.

I know, I know....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hunter Green said:

I've always liked the idea of sports coats, fedora hats and sunglasses. Like the Blues Brothers except green jackets.

I know, I know....

It would certainly fit the long time North Texas image of the school of music, than just about any other uni design you could come up with. PLUS, the band could raise money by selling green fedoras like they'd be wearing to the general public. 

Now, if you were trying to capture the image of my generation, then you would need to come up with tie dyed uni's. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Rick Flair......well done. 

Here's an idea. If he is still alive we could put him in an outfit like this and make him a guest Drum Major for one of  the Green Brigade's performances this fall.

thWNZIW7LI.jpg

Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

• Upvote 1