Mean Green Softball RPI

It is amazing that something as simple as changing the atmosphere around the team and creating a supportive culture can turn a team around.  Man, why did we hang on to the previous staff for so long, especially after so many left the team that one year.  Great job by Coach DeLong and staff and the young ladies on this year's team.

13 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Looks like a big letdown after the series win at La Tech. This will be a good lesson for these young ladies as the season progresses. 

Looking at the schedule it looks as if this, the San Houston and Houston Baptist games are return games from last year.  It’s just unfortunate that this came so close after 8 hours plus to Ruston and back.  Barely 30 hourss after getting back from La Tech they had a 2 1/2 hour drive to Abilene. 

Rick

On 3/26/2019 at 7:32 PM, FirefightnRick said:

Just suffered our worst loss of the season to Abilene Christian.  

No Katie Clark.  No Hope Trautwein.  Still, getting run ruled by the 209th team isn’t how you want to keep the momentum gained from last weekend.

Rick

Understand but midweek games in softball and baseball (even more so) are often undpredictable. The "better" team often doesnt throw their #1 pitch much if at all because they have a huge conference series looming. Often the lesser conference team plays all out to pull the upset. This how we beat Baylor a couple times under Kee.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, meangreenJW said:

Understand but midweek games in softball and baseball (even more so) are often undpredictable. The "better" team often doesnt throw their #1 pitch much if at all because they have a huge conference series looming. Often the lesser conference team plays all out to pull the upset. This how we beat Baylor a couple times under Kee.

I don’t remember us beating Baylor during a midweek game under Kee (Ok State once) but I get what your saying.  I’m sure some of these mid week non-con games are hard to get up for and if you’ll look at our travel itinerary last week they had a quick turnaround to ACU.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2019 at 7:49 AM, FirefightnRick said:

We’re currently the 2nd highest ranked team in C-USA at 56th, and 8 places behind La Tech, which should change next week if we can beat FIU this weekend.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softball/d1/ncaa-womens-softball-rpi

Impressive work by Coach DeLong in such a short time..

Rick

We finish the regular season 55th, which is probably accurate but oddly still behind wKY and La Tech somehow.  I think that loss to Abilene hurt us worst than I thought as they finished 230th out of 297 teams.

Rick