DRC: Saturday scrimmage notes

Brett Vito

I know everyone saw Kason Martin in the bowl game and thought "there's the heir apparent".  

I was convinced then, and still think it now, that there is NO WAY this coaching staff doesn't do everything possible to get Bean's speed on the field.   For a team that sees defenses getting into our backfield a lot, the chance to burn blitzes with designed QB draws or scrambling is just too enticing.  

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I know everyone saw Kason Martin in the bowl game and thought "there's the heir apparent".  

I was convinced then, and still think it now, that there is NO WAY this coaching staff doesn't do everything possible to get Bean's speed on the field.   For a team that sees defenses getting into our backfield a lot, the chance to burn blitzes with designed QB draws or scrambling is just too enticing.  

Would be very enticing. At the end of the day (intentional SL reference), my guess is that the player that demonstrates the most consistent accuracy will be our next starting QB. That seems to be what the staff has valued the most previously at least. Obviously they will also need to make good decisions with the ball under pressure, but that can take some time and experience to develop fully. 

• Upvote 2

I wonder if Vito is not allowed to record video.  Seems like it was be an easy way to compliment his “top plays” list he likes to add to these scrimmage/practice reports.

Just park a camera on a tripod next to you and let it run while you take your usual notes.  Then later you can edit out what you want and put together a quick Twitter/Insta post or something.

• Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

Always thought with Beans size and speed he would move to a reciever position. Nice to have options!

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I wonder if Vito is not allowed to record video.  Seems like it was be an easy way to compliment his “top plays” list he likes to add to these scrimmage/practice reports.

Just park a camera on a tripod next to you and let it run while you take your usual notes.  Then later you can edit out what you want and put together a quick Twitter/Insta post or something.

I highly doubt if anyone outside the A.D. would be allowed to tape the entire practice.

• Upvote 4