thank you old dominion

drex

16 hours ago, drex said:

ODU cost the conference a lot of money and respect.  This pod thing was really impressive.

The thing that makes little sense to me is that ODU was a 14 seed this year while Marshall was a 13 seed last season. I felt like ODU was better than last year’s Marshall team, but the conference was looked down at because last year had a solid MUTS team that blew it in the conference tournament and got left out. This year, Belmont made it as an at large, when they weren’t as good as MUTS last year.

CUSA just gets zero respect in the revenue sports. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

The thing that makes little sense to me is that ODU was a 14 seed this year while Marshall was a 13 seed last season. I felt like ODU was better than last year’s Marshall team, but the conference was looked down at because last year had a solid MUTS team that blew it in the conference tournament and got left out. This year, Belmont made it as an at large, when they weren’t as good as MUTS last year.

CUSA just gets zero respect in the revenue sports. 

It's a bit more complicated than that.

Belmont may not have been as good as MTSU last year, but the bubble in general was weaker this year.

I also have to point out that Belmont's league NEVER gets at-large teams in.  This was the first time in forever.

Edited by CMJ
  • Eye Roll 2

CK is the guy who has no life and a middling job, but scoreboards the homeless...

Wow, UH had greater athletic success than we have. Damn, that’s real hard to do. That’s like us going to your dumbass board and commenting on how little crime occurs around Denton compared to the Fifth Ward your shitty campus sits in. It’s not a real high curb to step over and all of the UH posters would equally laugh at the pathetic attempt of a troll that would be.

• Downvote 1

On 3/25/2019 at 3:06 PM, CK2 said:

UH isn't in 5th ward. Damn you even fail at smack talk.

3rd Ward.  5th would be an improvement since the 3rd is considered one of the most dangerous areas in the United States.

https://www.smartertravel.com/areas-avoid-crime-houston-warnings-dangers/

Houston has two of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the U.S., 

according to the Houston Chronicle.

The areas to avoid are Houston’s Third Ward neighborhood near the University of Houston

Edited by UNTLifer

3 hours ago, CK2 said:

Yet nobody seems to mind since we get better players, have better attendance and nicer facilities.

By your logic USC, Ivy League schools, Cincinnati and many others shouldn't have better everything than UNT.

Houston embraces the hood. Not sure where you come up with the second paragraph. Doesn’t apply here.  I will take Apogee and the ability to expand over TdHQRSTUVW erector set stadium, the Super Pit and Holfheinz are a push, haven’t seen your practice facilities, but it will be an interesting comparison at the end of this summer, and you are located in a s-hole area of town. 

• Eye Roll 1