Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
drex

thank you old dominion

Recommended Posts

ODU cost the conference a lot of money and respect.  This pod thing was really impressive.

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, drex said:

ODU cost the conference a lot of money and respect.  This pod thing was really impressive.

The thing that makes little sense to me is that ODU was a 14 seed this year while Marshall was a 13 seed last season. I felt like ODU was better than last year’s Marshall team, but the conference was looked down at because last year had a solid MUTS team that blew it in the conference tournament and got left out. This year, Belmont made it as an at large, when they weren’t as good as MUTS last year.

CUSA just gets zero respect in the revenue sports. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

The thing that makes little sense to me is that ODU was a 14 seed this year while Marshall was a 13 seed last season. I felt like ODU was better than last year’s Marshall team, but the conference was looked down at because last year had a solid MUTS team that blew it in the conference tournament and got left out. This year, Belmont made it as an at large, when they weren’t as good as MUTS last year.

CUSA just gets zero respect in the revenue sports. 

It's a bit more complicated than that.

 

Belmont may not have been as good as MTSU last year, but the bubble in general was weaker this year.

 

I also have to point out that Belmont's league NEVER gets at-large teams in.  This was the first time in forever.

Edited by CMJ
  • Eye Roll 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liberty a 12 seed beat Miss St. a 5 seed yesterday. North Texas has yet to win a tournament game. Sigh 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the way Purdue annihilated Villanova, I don't think ODU has to feel too bad about how they played.

  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2019 at 11:00 AM, Salsa_Verde said:

Liberty a 12 seed beat Miss St. a 5 seed yesterday. North Texas has yet to win a tournament game. Sigh 

Whomp whomp whomp whomp whaaaaaaaaa

  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CK2 said:

Whomp whomp whomp whomp whaaaaaaaaa

I see you’re back. I’m assuming you had a bad day at the deep fryer or life is just continuing to punk you. 

  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I see you’re back. I’m assuming you had a bad day at the deep fryer or life is just continuing to punk you. 

No but we're in the Sweet 16 while UNT is at home with no tournament to play in.

  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CK2 said:

No but we're in the Sweet 16 while UNT is at home with no tournament to play in.

Sampson left OU on probation, left IU on probation, left UH.....  Time will tell.

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CK is the guy who has no life and a middling job, but scoreboards the homeless...

Wow, UH had greater athletic success than we have. Damn, that’s real hard to do. That’s like us going to your dumbass board and commenting on how little crime occurs around Denton compared to the Fifth Ward your shitty campus sits in. It’s not a real high curb to step over and all of the UH posters would equally laugh at the pathetic attempt of a troll that would be.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

CK is the guy who has no life and a middling job, but scoreboards the homeless...

Wow, UH had greater athletic success than we have. Damn, that’s real hard to do. That’s like us going to your dumbass board and commenting on how little crime occurs around Denton compared to the Fifth Ward your shitty campus sits in. It’s not a real high curb to step over and all of the UH posters would equally laugh at the pathetic attempt of a troll that would be.

UH isn't in 5th ward. Damn you even fail at smack talk.

  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CK2 said:

UH isn't in 5th ward. Damn you even fail at smack talk.

I wouldn’t know—the whole campus is surrounded by a place I’d rather not go...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd by into Houston as an academic institution if they finally realized that being located at the corner of MLK and Calhoun is... inappropriate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Legend500 said:

I'd by into Houston as an academic institution if they finally realized that being located at the corner of MLK and Calhoun is... inappropriate.

I'd rather you stay away from our academics since you don't know the difference between by and buy.

Edited by CK2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CK2 said:

I'd rather you stay away from our academics since you don't know the difference between by and buy.

Unlike the schools that didn't belong in the SWC to begin with, we're far more careful about what we buy. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 3:06 PM, CK2 said:

UH isn't in 5th ward. Damn you even fail at smack talk.

3rd Ward.  5th would be an improvement since the 3rd is considered one of the most dangerous areas in the United States.

https://www.smartertravel.com/areas-avoid-crime-houston-warnings-dangers/

Houston has two of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the U.S., 

according to the Houston Chronicle.

The areas to avoid are Houston’s Third Ward neighborhood near the University of Houston

Edited by UNTLifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

3rd Ward.  5th would be an improvement since the 3rd is considered one of the most dangerous areas in the United States.

https://www.smartertravel.com/areas-avoid-crime-houston-warnings-dangers/

 

 

Yet nobody seems to mind since we get better players, have better attendance and nicer facilities.

By your logic USC, Ivy League schools, Cincinnati and many others shouldn't have better everything than UNT.

  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CK2 said:

Yet nobody seems to mind since we get better players, have better attendance and nicer facilities.

By your logic USC, Ivy League schools, Cincinnati and many others shouldn't have better everything than UNT.

Houston embraces the hood. Not sure where you come up with the second paragraph. Doesn’t apply here.  I will take Apogee and the ability to expand over TdHQRSTUVW erector set stadium, the Super Pit and Holfheinz are a push, haven’t seen your practice facilities, but it will be an interesting comparison at the end of this summer, and you are located in a s-hole area of town. 

  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Houston embraces the hood. Not sure where you come up with the second paragraph. Doesn’t apply here.  I will take Apogee and the ability to expand over TdHQRSTUVW erector set stadium, the Super Pit and Holfheinz are a push, haven’t seen your practice facilities, but it will be an interesting comparison at the end of this summer, and you are located in a s-hole area of town. 

Hofheinz got rebuilt and is now the Fertitta Center, far better than that dinosaur called the Super Pit. We have a brand new IPF, multiple grass and turf fields. UNT can never sell out tiny 30k Apogee so the ability to expand is completely pointless.

 

There's a reason why a player like Ed Oliver would never sign with UNT.

  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.