It’s On! Spring Spirit Kickball Classic!

KRAM1

It’s on folks! We have been approved to use the UNT Softball field for our 9th annual Spirit fundraiser. We will “kick-off” at 11:00 am on Saturday, April 13th at the UNT Softball Complex - Loveless Field - on Bonnie Brae Street in Denton. As usual we will have a silent auction with all sorts of UNT-related and non-UNT related items, concessions and lots of fun. Since we are playing Kickball this year, we hope to have both male and female players...it is “non-contact” after all. The minimum playing age is 13, so bring out those younger players as well.  Player fee remains $35 and includes the player t-shirt. ALL proceeds go to support our great UNT Spirit Team student-athletes.

Rain out date: April 14th...but, of course, we won’t need this (he says with fingers and toes all crossed).

https://one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic

Can’t play, but want to help? Donate here.... any amount helps and is greatly appreciated: https://one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic-donation-page

Questions? PM me or ask ‘em here. Hope to see you on the 13th of April. Great fun for a great cause. 

87ABF3FF-1FC6-48B0-9733-A30C0B8A4522.jpeg

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

• Harry pinned this topic
3 hours ago, THOR said:

i'm in...tried to signup but it took me to this page

https://one.unt.edu/pages/main-landing-page

and i'm stupid and don't know where to go

My bad....try this one:

https://one.unt.edu/Annual-Spirit-classic

I think I messed it up in the original post. Fixed it. Thank you. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

57 minutes ago, THOR said:

got it...registered...and you owe me a beer for your screw up...

Happy to oblige Sir! Thank you...and, glad it worked this time. 😂😂

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

17 hours ago, THOR said:

just remember...i prefer the 32 oz size beer sir!

kickball is gonna be fun

And...do you have a favorite 32 ouncer? I need to get this correct. 😂😂

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Folks...please check your calendars and see if you are available to play kickball at Lovelace Stadium on Saturday, April 13th with an 11:00AM "kickoff" time.

We really need to see some player sign-ups...going mighty slow this year.

PLEASE...help get the word out for us. Male and female players...min. age to play is 13.  Registration fee is only $35.00 and includes the player t-shirt.

Registration link is: https:one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic.  Come join the fun..we'll have concessions and a silent auction as well with some cool UNT and non-UNT items.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

On 3/31/2019 at 6:08 PM, UNT 90 Grad said:

Just registered.  I'm looking forward to kicking some serious ball.

Thank you Sir.  Appreciate the support. See ya on the 13thg.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

BREAKING NEWS!!!!  This just in... Wren Baker has agreed to be our "first pitch" celebrity!  Thank you WREN!

So...come on out and see if Wren can get it over the plate.  Seeing if we can find a celebrity "first batter" to go up against Wren. I asked Dr. Smatresk, but he will not be back from China in time.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Scrappy maybe?????

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

42 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!  This just in... Wren Baker has agreed to be our "first pitch" celebrity!  Thank you WREN!

So...come on out and see if Wren can get it over the plate.  Seeing if we can find a celebrity "first batter" to go up against Wren. I asked Dr. Smatresk, but he will not be back from China in time.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Scrappy maybe?????

Ask Mean Joe and reverse roles. 

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Silent Auction shaping up nicely...we have another autographed Dallas Cowboys helmet this year...looking like it might just be HOF'er and Ring of Honor member Roger "the Dodger" Staubach (but will have to see for sure at time of pick-up...but we will have an autographed helmet for certain).

Plus...We have received notice that we will have another very cool item as well...an All-In-One  "Kinetit" (Think Connect It".  it is an all purpose Air, Jump and Power Source..portable.  You can carry in your car, take to your tailgate, etc.  Very cool...being sold at Home Depot on Line for $140.00.

Come on Out on the 13th...11:00AM...Lavelace Stadium...UNT...gonna be fun.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Want a piece of Mean Green history? How about a piece of Fouts Field’s goalpost?

Yep...it’s a piece of Mean Green Football history. It will be in our silent auction.

02BB9FFB-CA66-4032-81F9-A63C402A78C5.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Newest silent auction item...

Replica Dallas Cowboys helmet autographed by none other than Roger Staubach himself! Come to the game on the 13th and check it out!

B09E2D43-8E61-4BDD-9E49-5133B18E5F9E.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Still needing players and still time to sign-up to play.  Come play and support a great group of Mean Green student-athletes while you play.  Sin-up is only $35 and that fee includes the player t-shirt.  

Sign-up at:  https://one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic

Can't play but want to help?  Come out and support the event...bid on some of our silent auction items or make a donation on-line at:

https://one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic-donation-page

Any and all donations and support welcome...and, if you go through the link above, no fees will come out of your donations and your funds go directly to a university account for the spirit classic! 

We'll play April 13th beginning at 11:00am at Lovelace Stadium (softball stadium) on the UNT campus right off Bonnie Brae St. in Denton.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 3/23/2019 at 1:24 PM, MCMLXXX said:

I think I can handle kickball. Let me check my schedule with my wife. 

What ya say? You in? Hopefully...🤷‍♂️

D3308F78-0E0A-4909-BBD3-DDE50D71815E.jpeg

• Downvote 1

OK...weather watch is on! Current forecast calling for 90-100% chance of rain and high temp between 55-60 degrees. We will make the call tomorrow morning (Wednesday, April 10th) and let you know.

If we do have to scrub Saturday (13th) due to potential bad weather, our make-up day is the next day, Sunday April 14th. We will play at the same place and time...11am at Loveless Stadium (UNT Softball Field).

Will update everyone tomorrow morning. Keeping fingers and toes all crossed. 🤷‍♂️

• Downvote 1