Does Baker Support MacLeod?

Side Show Joe

I've never been impressed with her, and believe C-USA has lost ground to other G5's under her leadership.

Is Wren happy with her leadership?

As fans, who supports her and who would rather look elsewhere?

If someone knows how to create a poll for this topic, that would be great.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I'm fairly certain the University Presidents are the ones who wield the power when it comes to conference leadership... not the ADs.    I'm sure however Baker feels about her, Smatresk is well aware.   I'm not sure if deposing her would require 100% backing, or just a majority.   

I can't fathom many of the Presidents, knowing the direction the conference has been heading for the past few years, along with her extremely passive leadership, would give her a vote of confidence.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

16 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

In this day she has one big plus working for her....anyone care to guess? 

In the Army I learned one thing for sure, tell it like it is so people can fix what's wrong. My guess is she is a woman is what's going for her. They are afraid to do anything because they are afraid to be labeled with toxic masculinity and any other labels that people can give instead of doing what's best for business. People should learn that it's not personal, it's just business.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Dump her or the conference. I know here we go again......Im willing to say the leadership at UNT can see what is happening to this conference but change is a slow process. 

We move to CUSA thinking we up graded...get SB2.0....and end up in the lowest ranked division/ conference at end of last season....oh well. 

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Venson said:

In the Army I learned one thing for sure, tell it like it is so people can fix what's wrong. My guess is she is a woman is what's going for her. They are afraid to do anything because they are afraid to be labeled with toxic masculinity and any other labels that people can give instead of doing what's best for business. People should learn that it's not personal, it's just business.

Ding...ding....ding! Ladies and gentlemen...we have a winner!!!! 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Dump her or the conference. I know here we go again......Im willing to say the leadership at UNT can see what is happening to this conference but change is a slow process. 

We move to CUSA thinking we up graded...get SB2.0....and end up in the lowest ranked division/ conference at end of last season....oh well. 

And we came in tied for second...... In the division. 

Edited by RiseUNT
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, RBP79 said:

But Grand Green thinks playing Rice and UTEP makes it great!! Go CUSA!!

• Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Wren has got to have a plan to get us either a new commissioner or a better conference right?? Or am I just dreaming

What can he do? And what is a new commissioner going to change? It’s not like you can get any better teams into the league that is going to make a network pay more for CUSA coverage. 

Edited by untjim1995
  • Eye Roll 1

22 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

What can he do? And what is a new commissioner going to change? It’s not like you can get any better teams into the league that is going to make a network pay more for CUSA coverage. 

No but you could get a commissioner that knows what they’re doing. That would be a start. Wren was an assistant AD for Memphis for a little bit, I’m sure he’s talked to the AAC commissioner while he was there. He could keep that relationship open until maybe the time is right to advocate for a spot (I know it’s unlikely) or something like that. No harm in trying to work the back channels and test the waters for better conferences to see if there is any mutual interests.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 3/22/2019 at 3:30 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'm fairly certain the University Presidents are the ones who wield the power when it comes to conference leadership... not the ADs.    I'm sure however Baker feels about her, Smatresk is well aware.   I'm not sure if deposing her would require 100% backing, or just a majority.   

I can't fathom many of the Presidents, knowing the direction the conference has been heading for the past few years, along with her extremely passive leadership, would give her a vote of confidence.

Correct. A conference's Board of Directors is the Presidents. They make the call. And it's almost impossible for a commissioner to get fired (google Larry Scott Pac 12 and you'll see he's pretty much despised by the ADs).

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1