FAU quarterback Chris Robison suspended

https://247sports.com/Article/FAU-football-Chris-Robison-suspended-Oklahoma-Sooners-130343930/?fbclid=IwAR0AePFDqtPst_yPjRjeh0Jp7ogQe-iSoN0L2vem3BrITsmbEQAWORrHZy8

Kiffin told reporters on Thursday Robison is suspended indefinitely and won't participate in spring practice due to an "internal matter" and it won't be discussed further.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Coaches should not be allowed to do this kind of stuff. I have never been a fan of this. It allows people to forget about the issue, sweep it under the rug and eventually skirt around it. And, of course, the player (usually) always gets to come back and play. Then, a few months goes by, and there's a Baylor situation on our hands again. Transparency should be dictated regardless of who the player is or the talent level. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Coaches should not be allowed to do this kind of stuff. I have never been a fan of this. It allows people to forget about the issue, sweep it under the rug and eventually skirt around it. And, of course, the player (usually) always gets to come back and play. Then, a few months goes by, and there's a Baylor situation on our hands again. Transparency should be dictated regardless of who the player is or the talent level. 

Yeah, but this way I get to wildly speculate about all the drugs, necrophilia, and gunplay it involved.

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

There are privacy laws that apply and the ever present danger of defamation lawsuits. 

There is definitely a limit to what a coach can comment on.  Also depending on what the offense is, it may not be something that the school or the coaching staff wants to amplify.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Lets remember that these players are still kids for the most part... cut them a little slack

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

57 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

Lets remember that these players are still kids for the most part... cut them a little slack

I'm fine with cutting slack on shoplifting $40 in merchandise or public intox arrest. When you get into violent crimes and stolen vehicles, it's not ok regardless of age. Hopefully this guy didn't do anything too serious.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MrStrange18 said:

I see your point, but you're arguing to cut slack about something that we don't even know the details on.  That's why we're speculating (and because like SSG said, it involves devil-lite).

Remember these are kids that can: vote, be drafted, (should be allowed to drink), go to jail, get married, ..., and who many are also arguing should be getting paid for playing.  I cut them slack for not making perfect decisions on the field and for minor mistakes like GMG_Dallas said, but until we have details, there's no slack to cut.

How would people react to a 20 yr old welder that got fired from his job "for some unknown reason"?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

I see your point, but you're arguing to cut slack about something that we don't even know the details on.  That's why we're speculating (and because like SSG said, it involves devil-lite).

Remember these are kids that can: vote, be drafted, (should be allowed to drink), go to jail, get married, ..., and who many are also arguing should be getting paid for playing.  I cut them slack for not making perfect decisions on the field and for minor mistakes like GMG_Dallas said, but until we have details, there's no slack to cut.

How would people react to a 20 yr old welder that got fired from his job "for some unknown reason"?

Sorry... I guess I should have been more specific.  I don't know what he did either... but what I am saying is we arent owed anything in regards to knowing.  Would I like to know... sure, but am I mad they arent telling us?  Nah.  He's a kid.  He did something wrong that got him suspended.

Also, I think people would react just fine if a 20 yr old welder got fired for "some unknown reason."  In fact, I would love to see the message boards that talk about welders.