DRC: UNT women win first postseason game by knocking off UTRGV

Brett Vito

8 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Technically, it is a post season tournament win, but beating a barely over .500 club on your home court is not that impressive. 

The women did look good in the victory and hopefully they can continue and win the tournament.   

A 14 point margin is barely beating someone? It was 45-34 going into the 4th quarter.

• Upvote 1

The game with Utah State will be interesting.   Their primary players are Australian. 4 starters.  I wonder looking at a lot of college line-ups if there is a shortage of college age females in Australia as they seem to be an abundance of them playing basketball in the USA. 

One of these Australian, Dufficy is 6'2 and has 19 double doubles for the year.  George is going to have to have one of her better games to counter.  

I believe NT with home court should be favored, but I expect a very physical close game.