Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Wag Tag

FYI practice

Recommended Posts

Fine- came in as a freshman at 167lbs he is now 191lbs ( shout out to coach Zach and staff) Bean May be the fastest guy on the team. Austin is looking good, won’t be much difference between 2-3. Most if not all freshmen are in camp. GMG 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

So are you projecting the QB depth chart to be 1. Fine, 2. Bean, 3. Aune?

To early to tell. Bean still looks really thin. I also notice the tight ends are working a lot on routes and pass catching 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I love super ambiguous practice updates

"So I watched practice today. They threw the ball, sometimes they kicked the ball, and they kept tackling each other. Stay tuned for more updates"

"Despite being called football, there were only a handful of players at this practice actually kicking the oblong ball.  Stay tuned for more updates"

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

 I also notice the tight ends are working a lot on routes and pass catching 

Outside of posting something like..(There is a new DL, don’t have a name yet,....but it doesn’t appear there’s anyone in camp who can block him one on one).......this is the best thing you’ve typed all day.

 

 

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Outside of posting something like..(There is a new DL, don’t have a name yet,....but it doesn’t appear there’s anyone in camp who can block him one on one).......this is the best thing you’ve typed all day.

 

 

Rick

Yes, bc I am sure before Bodie got here, our tight ends just ran water out to players.  So glad they are working on catching the ball now!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

 Might as well.

 

Rick

For real, might as well. Our offense in its natural form is a dink and dunk philosophy with explosive plays sprinkled in when the defense cheats up to eliminate our dinks and dunks. Having a big, broad shouldered TE out there as a stationary target is a huge benefit, especially with an undersized QB. Our TEs (Smith & Chumley) combined for 32 catches, 300 yds and 1 TD. That is grossly underutilized and that has to get better. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"FYI practice"I thought this was going to be a post about spring practice at a Florida school.

Edited by Greenrex
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is a prelude to a long spring and summer.  When do Fall two-a-days start?  We need to be part of March Madness, or the NIT.  We need baseball.

 

That is all.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

This thread is a prelude to a long spring and summer.  When do Fall two-a-days start?  We need to be part of March Madness, or the NIT.  We need baseball.

 

That is all.

 So does that mean it is time to discuss uniforms?😐

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

 So does that mean it is time to discuss uniforms?😐

oh boy high quality GIF

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

 So does that mean it is time to discuss uniforms?😐

And helmet stickers?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 9:26 AM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

For real, might as well. Our offense in its natural form is a dink and dunk philosophy with explosive plays sprinkled in when the defense cheats up to eliminate our dinks and dunks. Having a big, broad shouldered TE out there as a stationary target is a huge benefit, especially with an undersized QB. Our TEs (Smith & Chumley) combined for 32 catches, 300 yds and 1 TD. That is grossly underutilized and that has to get better. 

Agree.

 

Rick

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 9:26 AM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

For real, might as well. Our offense in its natural form is a dink and dunk philosophy with explosive plays sprinkled in when the defense cheats up to eliminate our dinks and dunks. Having a big, broad shouldered TE out there as a stationary target is a huge benefit, especially with an undersized QB. Our TEs (Smith & Chumley) combined for 32 catches, 300 yds and 1 TD. That is grossly underutilized and that has to get better. 

Too bad Chumley left the program considering Reeder's use of the TE.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Too bad Chumley left the program considering Reeder's use of the TE.

I have been thinking the same 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...