C-USA extends 2 more years in Frisco

Frisco is a great town to host it, but this looks terrible on television (not that we have great coverage).  There are about 20 rows of seats on each side, barely anything worth mentioning along the baseline.  My high school gym would be a better venue than this.  Hell, host it in Denton and have it at the SP.  This looks about as good as Hot Springs did for the Sun Belt.

Image result for cusa basketball tournament

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

No one location is ever going to satisfy all the schools in the conference. 

If you want bad, you should have seen when the NT conference tourney was in Shreveport.  

There is also a financial angle to this, plus the league wants a multiple court location. 

Complaining is easy, finding something better is apparently not.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

On campus tournaments are a nightmare. The city must have lodging for 14 teams, players, coaches, family, band, cheer, fans, media, and usual traffic while not becoming expensive. Easy access to airport. Multi court capabilities. Be in the footprint of the conference. Have parking to be able to hold at least 4 sets of fan bases at once. That rules out a lot of places. 

I like the area and set up in person but on tv it is ugly. They improved from year 1 so lets see what they do in year 3.

On 3/20/2019 at 3:32 PM, UNTLifer said:

I haven't been personally because of the distance, but it looks small time on television.

You seen some of the gyms the NCAA tournament used in that “first four” and some of the first round games? Makes the set-up in Frisco look like the ACC in Dallas. 😂😂

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

You seen some of the gyms the NCAA tournament used in that “first four” and some of the first round games? Makes the set-up in Frisco look like the ACC in Dallas. 😂😂

I commented on the AAC playing in Memphis with 2 ranked teams and it looked empty like they are in the G5 or something.

On 3/21/2019 at 3:44 PM, UNTLifer said:

Frisco is a great town to host it, but this looks terrible on television (not that we have great coverage).  There are about 20 rows of seats on each side, barely anything worth mentioning along the baseline.  My high school gym would be a better venue than this.  Hell, host it in Denton and have it at the SP.  This looks about as good as Hot Springs did for the Sun Belt.

Image result for cusa basketball tournament

Hot Springs was actually a really good venue IMHO.  I had fun both times I traveled there.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

The conference would be wise to find a center of their far-flung conference and go there. WKU, ODU, MUTS, and UAB all have solid fanbases. This thing needs to be somewhere Memphis...

The center would be approximately Lonoke, Arkansas.

• Haha 3