LSU

RiseUNT

For the most part he's rolling the ball out there and getting out of the way.  He won the lottery with this situation, but good for him nonetheless.  He doesn't exactly deserve it, but he's making the best of it.

Edited by CMJ
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, CMJ said:

For the most part he's rolling the ball out there and getting out of the way.  He won the lottery with this situation, but good for him nonetheless.  he doesn't exactly deserve it, but he's making the best of it.

Showing he is still not a good x and o coach. Both games should have been double digit wins and should have beaten Florida by double digits.

ODU doing nothing hurts more than Dumpster Fire winning.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, CMJ said:

For the most part he's rolling the ball out there and getting out of the way.  He won the lottery with this situation, but good for him nonetheless.  He doesn't exactly deserve it, but he's making the best of it.

Incredible that he inherited top to bottom one of the most talented rosters in the country for a Tournament run.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

Incredible that he inherited top to bottom one of the most talented rosters in the country for a Tournament run.

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c969cbe4f72797049

If you open your window, you can hear this song on the wind as it blasts from TB's room...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26340817/lsu-tony-benford-unlikeliest-coach-ncaa-tournament-sweet-16

“LSU players say they have responded to Benford because he listens to them, and he listens to his fellow assistants.

"Coach Benford says he has no ego in this game," Waters said.

At every turn, Benford has shifted the focus away from himself and toward his players.”

He is definitely getting a lot of attention and building that resume.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26340817/lsu-tony-benford-unlikeliest-coach-ncaa-tournament-sweet-16

“LSU players say they have responded to Benford because he listens to them, and he listens to his fellow assistants.

"Coach Benford says he has no ego in this game," Waters said.

At every turn, Benford has shifted the focus away from himself and toward his players.”

He is definitely getting a lot of attention and building that resume.

The same things that got him a job here. But he is still flawed as a game day coach.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Kind of sad a former coach that was terrible here is getting exponentially more attention on this board  than our women’s basketball team that is still playing. 

I agree in principle.  But Men's basketball will always get more attention.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

Great guy, just give him some time. He just didn't have enough time at UNT to get all his guys in here. If he would of of had 6-7-8 years here just think of what he could of done 

cow bury GIFYes, just think of what he could have done for our program

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Our teams should always get more attention from our fans. 

Okay, yes in theory.  In the real world that really only goes on a sport by sport basis.

Like I care how our soccer team does, and I don't give a rip about other soccer teams (I know UNC and Notre Dame used to be the powers...I think).  But, if there were threads about our women's soccer team or the NCAA men's basketball tournament....I'd post about basketball.

I wanna see Jalie and the ladies do well in the WBI.  It'd be great if they won.  I don't so much care about the Women's NCAA's, though I will probably watch the Final Four. 

I watched about 48 hours of basketball the last four days -- all of it the Men's Tournament..

• Upvote 2