An Open Letter to Hunter Yurachek, Chad Morris, Joe Steinmetz, and Razorback Nation

Greenrex

"November 5, 2022, Arkansas will play host to Liberty University.

"Normally, there wouldn’t be much to examine in the case of a football game. Sure, there could be the usual conjecture about starting offensive lines, or debate on which defensive scheme would be most effective, but nothing sinister should ever be expected to dominate conversation. Nevertheless, it will.

"Liberty University is one of the most controversial schools in the NCAA, and for good reason. There is tremendous baggage at almost every level, from coaching to administration. By engaging in a contract with Liberty, the University of Arkansas will be both legitimizing and financially rewarding a history of racism, sexism, and outright malevolence. This cannot be allowed to happen."

https://medium.com/@tuckerpartridge/an-open-letter-to-hunter-yurachek-chad-morris-joe-steinmetz-and-razorback-nation-6cd95d74f1fb?fbclid=IwAR3bYkg7iwYZ5zXcycw3tnvaCReJfaUzgiUR5H6SfkDyKIjrqczF44zr60Y

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

I read somewhere that Liberty put up 25 million to join the Sun Belt and the school was turned down. I also believe CUSA turned them down as well. I wonder if Liberty has the kind of backing to continue to be independent like a Norte Dame, Army, or BYU. 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I read somewhere that Liberty put up 25 million to join the Sun Belt and the school was turned down. I also believe CUSA turned them down as well. I wonder if Liberty has the kind of backing to continue to be independent like a Norte Dame, Army, or BYU. 

Judging by their athletic facilities, money thrown around to join conferences, and upward trajectory, I'd say they can be a worthy independent.  But it will take time.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 3

I am NOT a fan of Liberty but they have nice facilities and a good game day experience. They also had a nice indoor facility. The student section was also full (even during the rain - imagine that at UNT) and rocking. 

6F02B29C-1D69-4C4C-BA2B-50A83188EB3D.jpeg

AA768621-2400-4BFF-B8BE-EB55D380090D.jpeg

926AA271-7EB4-4CCE-B7EA-8E868B7A6619.jpeg

56E9D8E3-9EB5-4E40-8A45-0EEB622525B8.jpeg

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 3