New Linebackers Coach Galen Scott

TheReal_jayD

Any defensive coach that has experience under Bud Foster is a no brainer.

That being said, didn't Scott resign at VT because he was caught cheating on his wife? Not that it would affect his coaching ability but something to note as far as character and/or public perception.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

That being said, didn't Scott resign at VT because he was caught cheating on his wife? Not that it would affect his coaching ability but something to note as far as character and/or public perception.

This is correct. He took last year away from college football to work on family. He was the DB coach at Rowlett HIgh School last year. Was hired at Old Dominion earlier in the off season. But Old Dominion signed another DB Coach this morning. Was with Reff at Memphis.

• Upvote 2

ODU Fans are pissed https://csnbbs.com/thread-872308.html

Think about it.  You know you messed up and stepped out of the college coaching ranks.  Took a humbling position on the high school level and moved your family to DFW.  You are then approached by an FBS School that is mere hours from your last stop where your transgressions took place.  So you take that position like "why not... I can get back in the ranks of college football and rebuild my brand now that I have squared things with my family".  Then, a mere 2 months later, a team in your own new backyard offers you a position.  Higher pay, don't have to move AND surely reduces the number of encounters with Va Tech fans coming up and talking to either him or his wife about the situation at hand.  Not only that but historically this new program is vastly superior in football history and has recently committed mucho dinero to reestablishing a football culture in the program.  You take the deal.

10 hours ago, Mo Green said:

"Judge not, that you be not judged"

Matthew 7:1

if this conversation held any truth, you would talk about the athletes he has recruited.

Hey, if we're quoting Matthew... I'm not sure what parts and pieces Coach Scott offended himself through, but I hope there are enough left over to function on the sideline. 

If not, then... Step aside Zombie Landry, we're reanimating Coach Origen? 

45 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Hey, if we're quoting Matthew... I'm not sure what parts and pieces Coach Scott offended himself through, but I hope there are enough left over to function on the sideline. 

If not, then... Step aside Zombie Landry, we're reanimating Coach Origen? 

Oh great.  Another retread, has-been with no balls.  I’m not renewing my season tickets!

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

On 3/11/2019 at 2:41 PM, DentonLurker said:

Apparently so. USA Today

So if a guy cheats on his wife he has to resign from his job?  How screwed up is that?  It’s not VTech’s fault...Chris Rock said it best - a man’s only as faithful as his options - tired of this #metoo crap...pendulum swingin way too far the wrong way...maybe said wife was also to blame?  Maybe said husband had a part in it?  You get the picture...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 4

On 3/11/2019 at 10:54 PM, All About UNT said:

ODU Fans are pissed https://csnbbs.com/thread-872308.html

Think about it.  You know you messed up and stepped out of the college coaching ranks.  Took a humbling position on the high school level and moved your family to DFW.  You are then approached by an FBS School that is mere hours from your last stop where your transgressions took place.  So you take that position like "why not... I can get back in the ranks of college football and rebuild my brand now that I have squared things with my family".  Then, a mere 2 months later, a team in your own new backyard offers you a position.  Higher pay, don't have to move AND surely reduces the number of encounters with Va Tech fans coming up and talking to either him or his wife about the situation at hand.  Not only that but historically this new program is vastly superior in football history and has recently committed mucho dinero to reestablishing a football culture in the program.  You take the deal.

I don't really care about what ODU fans think, and why should we?  This seems like a great hire.

6 hours ago, ChiefTenBeers2015 said:

So if a guy cheats on his wife he has to resign from his job?  How screwed up is that?  It’s not VTech’s fault...Chris Rock said it best - a man’s only as faithful as his options - tired of this #metoo crap...pendulum swingin way too far the wrong way...maybe said wife was also to blame?  Maybe said husband had a part in it?  You get the picture...

please elaborate on what infidelity and #metoo have to do with one another. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:56 AM, Censored by Laurie said:

please elaborate on what infidelity and #metoo have to do with one another. 

I'd like to hear that as well.

Back to the discussion about why Coach Scott might have come here. 

As mentioned already, he's family and home investment is in D/FW

AND I've pointed this out several times in the past. Texas is one of only seven states (soon to be eight) without a state income tax.

Of course, this is only relevant when the pay is almost the same between NT and another out-of-state school.

Also, it doesn't hurt to be able to show what you having going on as a coach when the close-by B-12 schools are hiring.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1