Is the Coaching Staff Improved

TheReal_jayD

Did Seth Improved the Coaching Staff This Offseason?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. After all the turn over this offseason is the coaching staff actually improved?

• Yes
    • No

12 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

I only said no because there was no "wait and see/about the same" option.

Honestly at this point the new hires are exciting, but until we see the product on the field I can't say one way or the other.

A bit of the same.

However - this is the first time in a long time that I think the positive effect of our new admin and coaching salaries really shows. It was impressive last year that the entire group held firm and carried into year three. This time around, our first real brush with the "successful G5 paradigm", we can honestly say we may have maintained the quality or upgraded at each position hire. Additionally, it shows that Coach Littrell is not afraid to change up the formula a bit that got him here, evolving with the times and bringing on a slightly different offensive scheme in Reeder/Mayes.

The only thing that is truly concerning to me is the line play (always). Coaches Yellock and Langston are now at the point to show whether their development of their first couple recruiting classes will actually play out well, or were the glaring issues we all (and especially Mason) suffered institutionalized.

Can't wait to find out, though.  

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Not too excited Langston remains.

Out of the new hires, I’m supremely confident in the upgrade at CBs.  I feel good about OC, and I’m up-in-the-air about the rest.   Hard to assess the moving pieces around WRs/TEs/QCs since their roles all morphed & we don’t really know what those changes will bring.   And I’m not sure about Choice/Cobbs (just because of how great Choice was), or Koonz/Scott (just because of how good Koonz was/will be).

• Ray 2

25 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Thank goodness Seth was able to trick USC (and others) into thinking GH was a good coach

Reeder has more seasons under his belt as an OC starting this job than Harrell has after this job. I think that counts for something. Harrell wasn’t Todd Ford bad or anything like that, but one could see at times that inexperience showing itself. I don’t think Reeder will need that same learning curve. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/12/2019 at 9:06 AM, TheReal_jayD said:

OC Graham Harrell to USC = OC Bodie Reeder

Expect the Mean Green offense to move a lot faster next year. It will have a Briles effect.

This is HUGE. With all our weapons, I still feel like the offense didn't put pressure on the other team consistently and went to sleep at times. I can't wait to see Mason Fine and our RBs and WRs continuously have their foot on the gas. LOVE this hire so much...

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 4