Florida International (3/13/19)

CMJ

8 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

PLEASE stop pretending Arikawe is some x-factor.  He’s a minutes eater, that’s it.

justin timberlake what GIF

He does his job. He actually blocks out and bodies up his man. He is the reason our guards have atleast 6 rebounds in this game. Just because he doesn’t fill up the stat sheet doesn’t mean he isn’t contributing in a major way. I prefer to not give up second chance points.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

He does his job. He actually blocks out and bodies up his man. He is the reason our guards have atleast 6 rebounds in this game. Just because he doesn’t fill up the stat sheet doesn’t mean he isn’t contributing in a major way. I prefer to not give up second chance points.

Aren’t we in the minus when he’s on the floor?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Aren’t we in the minus when he’s on the floor?

Not usually no. I don’t know the official stats but I kept up for it for 6 games in the middle of the season after taking about him and we were plus 9 across those games. I am unsure about for this game.

47 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Not usually no. I don’t know the official stats but I kept up for it for 6 games in the middle of the season after taking about him and we were plus 9 across those games. I am unsure about for this game.

FWIW:

OBPM -8.1
DBPM -0.5
BPM -8.6

EDIT: Here’s the roster table so you can see how everyone else compares

Edited by greenminer

Just now, greenminer said:

dr evil whatever GIF

You truly trust analytics? There are holes in the system and it even says so on the website.

There are limitations on all box score stats – if the box score doesn't measure a particular contribution, a box-score-based metric can only approximate that contribution. This is not a great hindrance on the offensive side, as nearly everything of importance on offense is captured by the box score (only missing things like screen-setting), but on defense the box score is quite limited. Blocks, steals, and rebounds, along with minutes and what little information offensive numbers yield about defensive performance are all that is available. Such critical components of defense as positioning, communication, and the other factors that make Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan elite on defense can't be captured, unfortunately.

He gets zero credit toward the 6 rebounds that he helped Miller and Gibson acquire and he doesn’t get any for forcing the ball back out onto the perimeter. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3