FIU (3/9/19)

RiseUNT

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Yes. I rarely say that, but I’m this instance I say yes.

Have you listened to the radio broadcast at all? You do understand that tanking this game means we play FIU in round 1 of the tournament with I think an 8:30 pm tip-off? I'd much rather have the team try to win and play someone different.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Have you listened to the radio broadcast at all? You do understand that tanking this game means we play FIU in round 1 of the tournament with I think an 8:30 pm tip-off? I'd much rather have the team try to win and play someone different.

Its them or La Tech. Either team will be difficult. I will be there at 8:30 ready to cheer them on.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Tough to beat a team 3 times in a season. I think we get the best of them in Frisco. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, dml7007 said:

I heard the same thing but looking at the conference standings I think if Rice loses we still get 9 seed. Not 10 and this play la tech I think. 

I may be wrong, since this new format is confusing, but I don't think Rice's outcome means a thing to our seeding since they are not in our pod. They cannot finish as a 10 seed, only as high as 11 since you can't jump out of your pod. I also don't know the tie breakers, but considering FAU and us ended at 8-10 and they have beaten us twice this year, I assume they get 9 and we get 10.

• Upvote 1

This is a disappointing game, not so much because of the loss; but there was very little defense played by NT.  They basically took the night off on that end of the court, and let FIU drive to the basket any time they wanted. 

Defense is the key to McCasland's teams, and without much better effort NT will be out in game one. 

To NT"s credit they did try to get the ball in to the post, but Simmons had an awful night shooting.  Shooting 33% is not going to win many college games. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

McCasland should be forced to forfeit half of this years salary due to coaching only half the season. 

17-1 to 20-11. That is pathetic. 

16-1 but yeah, this is on him and it’s on him to take responsibility and realize this collapse wasn’t a fluke, and on him to figure out how to fix it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Kinda like footballs 2nd half collapses. 

I'll go ahead and say it.......FIU is lickin its chops to hand our ass to us again in the tournament.

UNT Football = UNT Basketball

The parallel is there. In both sports, when we play more physical teams that delivers body blows, we fold almost immediately. When we play finesse teams we have proven able to out finesse. So we know the problems. SL seemingly ignored the problem given the layout of the 19 recruiting class. And GM keeps ignoring the problem with his infatuation with guard play and scholarship offers for the next class. So, given this information, expect more of the same. 

Basketball the last 6 weeks has been Benford ball bad. Football the last month was not Dodge* ball bad, but it was bad. 

*The bowl game was maybe Dodge ball bad. 

Either way, shit has to be fixed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

14 hours ago, CMJ said:

Actually, let me refute my last post.  Benford's first season was the the most disappointing season I've ever followed.  This is probably second.

Yep...but sort of tough to have a "disappointing" 20-win season after what we went through before McCasland arrived. Never thought I would be "disappointed" in a 20-win season, but here we are...I just hope the team can find its footing and make a nice run in the Tournament. It's possible...just recall how the women made that run in last year's tournament.  Anything is possible during March Madness time.  I am just thinking that this team is tired.  Too many minutes for some folks due to injuries and a long season after Italy, etc.  But, anything can happen come tournament time.  First off...got to keep FIU from beating UNT three times in one season.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Yep...but sort of tough to have a "disappointing" 20-win season after what we went through before McCasland arrived. Never thought I would be "disappointed" in a 20-win season, but here we are...I just hope the team can find its footing and make a nice run in the Tournament. It's possible...just recall how the women made that run in last year's tournament.  Anything is possible during March Madness time.  I am just thinking that this team is tired.  Too many minutes for some folks due to injuries and a long season after Italy, etc.  But, anything can happen come tournament time.  First off...got to keep FIU from beating UNT three times in one season.  

Yeah...10 of the 20 wins were vs the likes of Grand Valley Tech A&M. Spare me. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

The 7 game skid started with Western Kentucky, so roll your eyes all you want my friends. They got throttled and fought like hell to get back in that game. But they have been playing increasingly worse ever since. Some say injuries some say it’s the system GM runs. I don’t know what is, I just know it’s been hard to watch for over a month now 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

56 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

The 7 game skid started with Western Kentucky, so roll your eyes all you want my friends. They got throttled and fought like hell to get back in that game. But they have been playing increasingly worse ever since. Some say injuries some say it’s the system GM runs. I don’t know what is, I just know it’s been hard to watch for over a month now 

It never did feel like we recovered after that loss, I agree.

• Thanks 1