FIU (3/9/19)

RiseUNT

26 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Well, technically we have at least two!

Meaning season play.

So are we hoping for the 7 seed?

If we win we are 8 seed and 10 seed if we lose. 

8 vs La Tech and 10 vs FIU but we get them closer to home. 

Edited by RiseUNT
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I assumed we would have rested our guys like Woolridge and started Alicendor and really milked our bench. The fact we didn’t do that and are down 20 points is embarrassing! I have no clue what we are trying to do.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

giphy.gif

He needs experience and you never know what will happen in the tournament. This game doesn’t mean a whole lot, but if we somehow find ourselves winning a few in the conference tournament we are going to need depth. At this point we need to rest our guys and get the bench some experience. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Andrew said:

He needs experience and you never know what will happen in the tournament. This game doesn’t mean a whole lot, but if we somehow find ourselves winning a few in the conference tournament we are going to need depth. At this point we need to rest our guys and get the bench some experience. 

Do you know how many points Alcindor has scored?

Our walk-on needs some experience as well if we're going to go that deep on our bench.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTFan23 said:

Do you know how many points Alcindor has scored?

Our walk-on needs some experience as well if we're going to go that deep on our bench.

Yea I wouldn’t have started him but I would have given him 10-12 minutes as well. Im puzzled as to why we are risking injuries to a team that has been beat up all year in a game that doesn’t matter.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Yea I wouldn’t have started him but I would have given him 10-12 minutes as well. Im puzzled as to why we are risking injuries to a team that has been beat up all year in a game that doesn’t matter.

Then why did you suggest it?!?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Then why did you suggest it?!?

I didn’t suggest starting the walk on. I suggested starting Alcindor. 

In my opinion this game means nothing. The only people who would benefit from playing in this game are Alcindor, Arikawe, Smart, Draper and the walk on. Maybe Woolridge a few minutes just to make sure he can go for the tournament. No one else has anything to gain from the game and a whole lot to lose. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I didn’t suggest starting the walk on. I suggested starting Alcindor. 

FlamboyantImpureErne-size_restricted.gif

I don't know what to say about you even remotely thinking about starting the walk-on, who has a grand total of 1 point 16 minutes of action in four games. Let's recap their total output this season:

• Alcindor 1.8 PPG in five games
  • Weger 0.3 PPG in four games

If you want to see a massive blowout, lets put these two out on the court "in a game that doesn't matter."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

FlamboyantImpureErne-size_restricted.gif

I don't know what to say about you even remotely thinking about starting the walk-on, who has a grand total of 1 point 16 minutes of action in four games. Let's recap their total output this season:

• Alcindor 1.8 PPG in five games
  • Weger 0.3 PPG in four games

If you want to see a massive blowout, lets put these two out on the court "in a game that doesn't matter."

Exactly we lose by 50 or win by 3.... either way we aren’t getting hire than an 8 seed. Let them play instead of risking injury. Nba teams do this all the time before the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

FIU 59  -------- NT 46

7:59 to go

The comeback dream seems to have ended.  I  have given up on seasons before, but I'm not sure I've ever been as disappointed as one as I currently am.  Which is really nuts considering some of our lousy basketball history.

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Exactly we lose by 50 or win by 3.... either way we aren’t getting hire than an 8 seed. Let them play instead of risking injury. Nba teams do this all the time before the playoffs. 

Ugh, so you are suggesting we tank the game?