‘20 WR Cedrick Pellum - Dallas Madison

97and03

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Last time we went fishing for a WR out of Madison, GMG.com pissed all over the guy.    Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Who was that?  Was that the young man that couldn't get qualified academically?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Who was that?  Was that the young man that couldn't get qualified academically?

Antonio Gage.
Unfortunately, in the end, he could not qualify.   
But prior to that, he continued to field other offers & play the recruiting game while "committed" to us, and people didn't like that.   People gotta stop taking that stuff personally.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Antonio Gage.
But prior to that, he continued to field other offers & play the recruiting game while "committed" to us, and people didn't like that.   People gotta stop taking that stuff personally.

I think the issue was how he played the game not that he played it.  He was committed to us but shooting out tweets to every P5 coach in America.  He never acted like he wanted to be here.  I don't think people take it personally, but I do think they got tired of us being his security blanket.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

On 4/1/2019 at 4:20 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Antonio Gage.

It's not personal. There's a way to play the game without coming off as a diva. He probably knew he wasn't qualifying and wanted to play games. If you think you're undecided then don't commit. If you have an idea of your choices then narrow them down, publicly or privately. If you're ready to commit then commit. If you're not then don't. If you want to commit to make sure you have a help spot at X school then do it. If you still want to tread the waters, then take those phone calls. But putting yourself out on the internet as a $5 hooker is not the way to do it. It's not personal, it's annoying. The social acceptance of that behavior may be more annoying. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Man look at that offer sheet, then look at the offer sheet of the wide recievers who will be here this fall from the 2019 class. Simpson had 7 FBS offers, Jackson had 10, Lyles had 11 and Ward had 4. Needless to say I am not worried about WR going forward. 

Had in Shorter, White and Darden. This is a P5 WR core

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

He just entered the portal:

Two days after Jay Wilkerson revealed he’d be continuing his career elsewhere, Cedrick Pellum, another sophomore receiver from the state of Texas, announced on Twitter he’d be entering the portal and exploring options outside of Pullman.

“Thank you @WSUCougarFB & @NickRolovich For giving me an Opportunity to play football & further my Education. With that being I Will be entering the transfer portal to look for more opportunities thank you guys . #GoCougs”

LINK:  https://www.nbcrightnow.com/sports/washington_state_university/cedrick-pellum-becomes-second-washington-state-wr-in-three-days-to-enter-transfer-portal/article_ad985c48-3368-5e95-b9f7-6f16cd89bae9.html

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2