Jason Miller transfer good decision?

GrandGreen

Watching Tech, Okla State game, Jason Miller was sent in with 25 seconds to go in mop up time. I wonder if Jason and Deginald Erskin ever regret leaving NT for perceived greener pastures. Deginald was a lot more successful than Jason, however neither started. Question is it better to be a secondary player on the highest level of college basketball or a go to player at NT. It shows how far NT has to go when its best players can't crack the starting lineup at the top schools. In my opinion most players had rather play more on a less successful team.

I wouldn't even consider Erskin and Miller comperable. Deginald may not have started, but he was a big plug on that squad. Jason is a guy that only gets PT during garbage time.

I'd probably rather play on a loser, than never see the floor on a winner.

As best I recall Jason Miller has been in the Ok State rotation for the last two seasons. The link to the stats shows that he even started 7 games and ranks 7th on the team in minutes. He has been a secondary player for OSU but far from a bench warmer.

Once again trying to rely on a poor memory I thought Deg, after he recovered from a shoulder injury his junior year, started many games for Texas. His Senior year he again missed some of the season with another shoulder injury, but played important minutes after he came back. I am certain that he was on the floor during the last few minutes of Texas last game, a narrow loss to Oregon.

Oklahoma State Stats

I saw Jason Miller honored on TV as one of 3 seniors during senior's day vs. A$M in front of another sellout crowd of 13,000+ in Stillwater. He also now has a Big?12 championship ring and will soon play in the NCAA tourney. I wish we (NT) could have offered him as much to have stayed besides just more playing time, but maybe if he and Deg and others had stayed we could be going to the NCAA's too?

Edited by NT80

As best I recall Jason Miller has been in the Ok State rotation for the last two seasons. The link to the stats shows that he even started 7 games and ranks 7th on the team in minutes. He has been a secondary player for OSU but far from a bench warmer.

Once again trying to rely on a poor memory I thought Deg, after he recovered from a shoulder injury his junior year, started many games for Texas. His Senior year he again missed some of the season with another shoulder injury, but played important minutes after he came back. I am certain that he was on the floor during the last few minutes of Texas last game, a narrow loss to Oregon.

Oklahoma State Stats

Erskin started a few games when the prior starter was injured at UT. He had great success comming off the bench and was in fact the high point man in a lot of their playoff games. Miller averaged 13 minutes and about 3 points and rebounds a game. Both contributed to their teams, but the question was it worth it considering they would have got a lot more minutes and touches at NT. Erskin would have ended up as one of NT all time scoring leaders. Miller would have started and probably played 30 minutes a game. Both however played for Trilli, and that was enough to make anyone transfer.

I think Jason made a wise move, he may not be starting, but I think that has more to do with his injury than anything. He has been involved in winning the big 12 regular season, and then winning the big 12 tournament, and he is still playing in the NCAA tournament. I bet everyone of our players would trade places with him right now. Anyway I think Jason left because they fired everyone who recruited him, and he didnt want to start over rebuilding. I wish him luck.

• 2 weeks later...