Letter to the Editor: Save the Sub-Hub

1 hour ago, Stix said:

That's the story that inspired the animated movie "Up", isn't it?

From a 2015 CNN story - "The structure, and the story, bear a striking resemblance to the 2009 Disney Pixar film, "Up," in which an elderly man fights a construction project and ends up using colorful balloons to lift his house up and away from all his troubles. And so, not surprisingly, Macefield's home in Seattle's Ballard neighborhood has come to be known as "the 'Up' house." Tourists and residents alike have added balloons with messages scrawled on them to the front gate. One says "Adventure is out there!""

I understand the public good argument. But who gets to determine what is the public good? In this case, it is the state determining what is good for the state.  I still question its fairness and always will.  

Again, I am a huge proponent of property rights and individual rights.  This only goes to show you that, in a sense, we really don't own anything at all.  

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

Original intent six years ago, yes. But Smatresk publicly has called for and won deviations from the plan since then (its formulation preceded his tenure).

Any plans for the Carriage Square lot that UNT has will not come to fruition, as the ceded the opportunity and CPC folks are very quick to remind anyone they can that they’re not party to that property. However, the easing of Carriage Square likely changed the calculus for the west side of the street. It is my strong bet that CPC and the board decided to make moves while the band aid was already ripped off across the street.

Pardon my ignorance, my wife does it every day so you can in this instance, but what is "CPC"?

• Downvote 1