Marshall (3/3/19)

Andrew

7 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Usually, when this continues to happen, it’s connected to players tuning out their coach. I wonder if McCasland’s style isn’t too grating on players and they just get worn out on him as the season progresses. 3 straight years of this suggests there’s merit to this problem..

We have expected an awful lot from our guards this season.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Usually, when this continues to happen, it’s connected to players tuning out their coach. I wonder if McCasland’s style isn’t too grating on players and they just get worn out on him as the season progresses. 3 straight years of this suggests there’s merit to this problem..

I think the long CBI run, playing in Europe and Hawaii has taken it's toll on this team. Throw in the injuries and it's not hard to see why we look tired. Maybe we can put together enough energy to get past the first round game in Frisco.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Different players react to different styles.   Some times you need to talk to them like a friend and sometimes you do need to get excited.  I think he embarrasses players in front of the fans.  Make your point and move on but don't follow them around yelling at them.   DJ was the victim of it against Marshall but sometimes his man is wide open.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, southsideguy said:

Different players react to different styles.   Some times you need to talk to them like a friend and sometimes you do need to get excited.  I think he embarrasses players in front of the fans.  Make your point and move on but don't follow them around yelling at them.   DJ was the victim of it against Marshall but sometimes his man is wide open.

That's what I mean--its been the exact same thing for three years in a row, at two different places. That style works if you have leaders who can fight through the coach, but its very rare in today's coaching world. The biggest hard asses (at least that the public can see) of college basketball coaching today rarely turn anything into a winner. The Bob Knight's of the coaching world aren't winning it all anymore.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

I for one enjoy McCasland’s passion on the court. I don’t enjoy the product recently, but I am  still a fan. I just hope they hit the recruiting trail harder this offseason. If players think he is hard they should try out the marines... 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

I for one enjoy McCasland’s passion on the court. I don’t enjoy the product recently, but I am  still a fan. I just hope they hit the recruiting trail harder this offseason. If players think he is hard they should try out the marines... 

yeah! Enlist in the Marines instead of playing the game you played your whole life! That will show you! 

20 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

That's what I mean--its been the exact same thing for three years in a row, at two different places. That style works if you have leaders who can fight through the coach, but its very rare in today's coaching world. The biggest hard asses (at least that the public can see) of college basketball coaching today rarely turn anything into a winner. The Bob Knight's of the coaching world aren't winning it all anymore.

Except for Coach K. 

• Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, All About UNT said:

yeah! Enlist in the Marines instead of playing the game you played your whole life! That will show you! 

Sucks you are an admin. Can’t put you on ignore and can’t downvote your constant negativity and shots at other posters. Carry on Eyeore. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Sucks you are an admin. Can’t put you on ignore and can’t downvote your constant negativity and shots at other posters. Carry on Eyeore. 

I'm sorry. I wish I could provide you a safe-space from my meanie posts.

Since we are being real there is a growing consensus that you don't bring any value to this website. Thousands of posts that are meaningless and contribute nothing. Especially for someone who barely makes one game a year. It's sad really.

1 hour ago, All About UNT said:

Since we are being real there is a growing consensus that you don't bring any value to this website. Thousands of posts that are meaningless and contribute nothing. Especially for someone who barely makes one game a year. It's sad really.

I don't think any of us really solve any real problems here. It is a fan forum where we can celebrate and complain about our teams, coaches and fans.  I do not agree with a lot of what is said in here and from my downvotes, I think everyone thinks the same about me. However, I do enjoy reading post from everyone except when they get to personnel. We are here because we are all fans of UNT sports we express it in different ways.  I am disappointed in the way the football season and the basketball has ended up and I tell myself I won't buy season tickets next year but I always do because I cannot think of a better place to be on Saturday nights, Thursday nights and Saturday night, afternoon and early evening games for basketball.  

I dread that we are going into this time period of sports.  Soon we will be discussing uniforms and the new Scrappy vs the Old Scrappy.

The improvements the teams have made from football, basketball, softball, and volleyball have been great if we take a step back and look. Just three years ago we were hoping to get into the CUSA tournament.  Football has come a long way but now we are not satisfied with just winning we want more.  I am as guilty as anyone on this subject.  It is bad when I come after a game we lost and I am upset.  Like my wife tells me it is just a game.  Like it or not athletics is a window to the university and we all want to be proud of teams and university.

If we could solve a problem my vote would how do fill Apogee and the Super Pit for games.

Off the soapbox now, sorry for the rant but most of it is aimed at me. 

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, All About UNT said:

And there you go with your meaningful post.  The growing consensus of one can vote on this one as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, All About UNT said:

You, as well as the rest of the consensus can put me on ignore is they find my posts meaningless and lacking value.  Something we sadly are not able to do with your posts.

Barely makes one game a year?  You really following my actions that closely?  Talk about sad.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2