‘20 DE/TE Jamal Ligon - Tyler Lee

97and03

19 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

We should not even bother recruiting Tyler Lee. Jeff Traylor's little brother is the head coach, and he sends most of his recruits to Arkansas. Last year, we were on that Beaux Limmer kid before any other school, and then here comes Arkansas sniffing around.

Agree 100%

36 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

We should not even bother recruiting Tyler Lee. Jeff Traylor's little brother is the head coach, and he sends most of his recruits to Arkansas. Last year, we were on that Beaux Limmer kid before any other school, and then here comes Arkansas sniffing around.

Do other programs feel the same way and not bother? Part of me wonders if this relationship limits the opportunities for their athletes.

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

And we whooped Jeff Traylor's little brother's big brother's school last year in their house.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Do other programs feel the same way and not bother? Part of me wonders if this relationship limits the opportunities for their athletes.

I can't speak for other programs, but I talked about East Tx recruiting with 2 coaches last year. One told me whenever they offered a kid, Arkansas would pounce on them.  The other laughed when I said Traylor had plenty of experience recruiting kids from East Texas schools during his time as head coach at Gilmer. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2019 at 10:46 AM, jtm0097 said:

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2019 at 7:20 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

🤣As a Grad of Tyler Lee (Robert E. Lee) you all suck    🤗

isn't TJT usually the best team in East Texas?

seems like you have an unnecessary and unfounded pride in backing the losing side...

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 10:46 AM, jtm0097 said:

In your face!

https://twitter.com/ligon_jamal/status/1109574746126147584?s=21

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

We are a week from early signing day and he is retweeting our JUCO commits as of yesterday I feel good about him staying committed.

His senior tape shows how quick and athletic he is for someone his size. He played at LB, QB and TE in addition to DE. We are signing some versatile players this year. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9349116/5dd8a772386e0a0d68485134

• Upvote 7

On 2/28/2019 at 9:46 AM, jtm0097 said:

Hmmmmm

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/11/2019 at 5:36 PM, ntmeangreen11 said:

We are a week from early signing day and he is retweeting our JUCO commits as of yesterday I feel good about him staying committed.

His senior tape shows how quick and athletic he is for someone his size. He played at LB, QB and TE in addition to DE. We are signing some versatile players this year. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9349116/5dd8a772386e0a0d68485134

Okay I'm just gonna F off and not post for a couple weeks.

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2019 at 3:42 PM, jtm0097 said:

I read on the East Texas forum that his HS head coach might be joining big bro at UTSA. It will be interesting to see if they make a run at him.

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?/topic/173049-will-kurt-traylor-join-jeff-traylor-at-utsa/page/2/#comments

Hmmmm @BillySee58 lol

• Eye Roll 1

27 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Hmmmm @BillySee58 lol

I was responding to your post from back in February that you quoted, not a recent one. There was no reason to avoid recruiting that school at the time. At least for a solid G5 level recruit that wasn’t quite an Arkansas level prospect. Traylor pulling Ligon in now doesn’t prove your point from at that time. If he was at utsa when you made that post back in february, sure.

Just now, BillySee58 said:

I was responding to your post from back in February that you quoted, not a recent one. There was no reason to avoid recruiting that school at the time. At least for a solid G5 level recruit that wasn’t quite an Arkansas level prospect. Traylor pulling Ligon in now doesn’t prove your point from at that time. If he was at utsa when you made that post back in february, sure.

I’m just being an ass. However, we are going to have a hard time recruiting East Texas in the future. Traylor will be able to pull kids because he is from there, and has a big network. 

• Upvote 1

Well, we lost this one to UTSA. Not one of our higher ranked recruits, but one that still shows a lot of potential.

Best of luck to him in San Antonio. It's a little further drive but still an ideal situation if he already has a brother playing there and his family can watch both play.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

I’m just being an ass. However, we are going to have a hard time recruiting East Texas in the future. Traylor will be able to pull kids because he is from there, and has a big network. 

Now, for sure. Not looking forward to us having to face that hurdle. Good news is how well we have recruited the Houston area. That has to keep happening, especially now 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Now, for sure. Not looking forward to us having to face that hurdle. Good news is how well we have recruited the Houston area. That has to keep happening, especially now 

It will be tough if he can put the locker room and on-field stuff in order.   Previous UTSA coach killed us for a while until it became apparent to recruits he struggled with everything except recruiting.