Oh My Goodness! PROGRESS!!!!

FirefightnRick

5 minutes ago, drex said:

OK, now it's time for the thread talking about how long we can keep the coach.

My wife’s pedicurist has a close friend who knows a guy who saw a realtor drive past Rodney Delong’s house.  

That realtor attended Purdue.  Our coach is as good as gone to Boilermaker country folks!!!

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Can someone tell me how we go 2-3 and win?

The first three games were for seeding placement for the actual tournament, which started Saturday evening.  We were 0-3 and were the last place seed and matched up to play the first place seed 3-0 ULL...and won to get to the championship.  We went into the championship 1-3 and beat Kent St to go 2-3 and won the trophy.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

The first three games were for seeding placement for the actual tournament, which started Saturday evening.  We were 0-3 and were the last place seed and matched up to play the first place seed 3-0 ULL...and won to get to the championship.  We went into the championship 1-3 and beat Kent St to go 2-3 and won the trophy.

Rick

Thanks

Conference perception has been a problem in relation to North Texas’ Women’s sports. The volleyball team went through it and if the softball team continues to shine they will go through it. Last year every team in the SEC made it into the softball tournament. 

4 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Conference perception has been a problem in relation to North Texas’ Women’s sports. The volleyball team went through it and if the softball team continues to shine they will go through it. Last year every team in the SEC made it into the softball tournament. 

True, but  our softball team has beaten two highly ranked teams this year in A&M and La-La.

5 hours ago, THOR said:

so is beating the #10 team in the nation...it goes both ways

Except we also beat the #20 team in the nation and have played everyone tough winning many by large margins.  Losing to a 2-9 team is the outlier this season to date.

• Eye Roll 3

56 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

True, but  our softball team has beaten two highly ranked teams this year in A&M and La-La.

Interesting tidbit Lousiana Tech has received 23 top 25 votes and I’m not tracking they have any wins against top 25 teams. Seems like the rankings are a crap shoot 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Upvote 1

I'm not very fluent in softball talk, but I've always been under the impression that T25 wins carry much, much less weight compared to football.

Consider that they play about 60 games/year, and that most of the top teams from 2018 lost at least 10 games.  National champion FSU lost 12.

I think this team is very, very good.  The new staff is a breath of fresh air.  It will take a lot more success for the voters to be swayed...and that's probably normal.  Let's celebrate the team and support them.  Don't go all GMG-dot-com on them and split hairs about the wins-losses.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1