Softball vs. Baylor

UNTLifer

Run ruled by #10 ULL 10-2.  

Interesting that RD started the freshman Tindell, to pitch against them.

We jumped on their sophomore pitcher early and chased her out of the game with 2 runs and had bases loaded and no outs.  But  ULL replaced her with a 6’2” freshman from the Australian international team and shut us down.  Goodrich had to replace Tindell in the bottom of the first after losing the lead.

Like I said...we’ll know where we’re at after this weekend...and now we do. Lots of season to go and a chance to continue getting better.

Rick

Really love how this team is playing. In years past they would have mailed it in after the poor start to the tournament. To come back and hand the #10 school in the nation their first loss of the year was impressive. Conference could be fun this year!  Pack Loveless. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, blurbeard said:

Not sure if this is right or makes sense but I believe UNT 1-3 will play Kent St. 3-1 in the championship game tomorrow at noon and the two ranked teams ULL 3-1 will play Baylor 2-2 for the consolation game at 10am.

Yeah...I was just discussing that with another alumn.  How can that be?

Rick

• Confused 1

Great victory, but how can a 1-3 record get a team in the championship.   

After reading a lot, I believe I have the answer.  Only the last two games on Saturday count in the championship.  Both Kent State and NT won and the other two were losers.   

The first 3 games were only to get seeded for the tournament.  So 0-3 NT had to play the first seed 3-0 Louisiana.  Winning, NT now plays Kent State who beat Baylor. 

Kent State beat NT easily the first game, but hoping that NT can return the favor.    

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2

Interesting move from Kent St not to go with their star pitcher...especially how she dominated us in the first game of the tournament! 

So for the people that think coaching doesn’t really matter here’s living proof! Our girls are going to run rule this backup pitcher!

Edited by blurbeard
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, blurbeard said:

Interesting move from Kent St not to go with their star pitcher...especially how she dominated us in the first game of the tournament! 

So for the people that think coaching doesn’t really matter here’s living proof! Our girls are going to run rule this backup pitcher!

Exactly.  No idea why Sali didn’t pitch against us?  We are throttling Huck

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick