Jussie Smollett...  

21 members have voted

1. 1. I think Jussie Smollett....

• Should be believed 100%
    • Has inconsistencies, and I'm not sure, but I generally believe him
    • Has inconsistencies, and I'm not sure, but I generally don't I believe him
    • Orchestrated an elaborate scheme to advance his career
    • Is a piece of human garbage who ruined his career in the name of racism and homophobia
    • Should go to jail, and ruined the validity of claims for actual racist/homophobic attacks

This is a stupid poll. Chicago Police and the brothers that were arrested and released have clearly indicated that he set this up and orchestrated it himself. There isn't anything to debate. Mental illness in this country runs rampant and affects all sorts of people. In this case you have a guy who actually believed that if he faked an attack on himself he might be able to further his career. I don't feel like he did this to be any kind of sjw but merely was looking for a way to increase the prominence of his own brand through sympathy.

All he did was allow for certain segments of our society to feel more confident that attacks of this nature DO NOT occur or if they do they aren't as frequent as many believe.

Meanwhile guys like this are literally planning attacks against those they perceive are threats to their "beliefs" and wanting to unleash holy hate-crime hell on those persons. 

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/20/696470366/arrested-coast-guard-officer-planned-mass-terrorist-attack-on-a-scale-rarely-se

• Eye Roll 1

On 2/21/2019 at 1:32 PM, All About UNT said:

This is a stupid poll. Chicago Police and the brothers that were arrested and released have clearly indicated that he set this up and orchestrated it himself. There isn't anything to debate. Mental illness in this country runs rampant and affects all sorts of people. In this case you have a guy who actually believed that if he faked an attack on himself he might be able to further his career. I don't feel like he did this to be any kind of sjw but merely was looking for a way to increase the prominence of his own brand through sympathy.

All he did was allow for certain segments of our society to feel more confident that attacks of this nature DO NOT occur or if they do they aren't as frequent as many believe.

Meanwhile guys like this are literally planning attacks against those they perceive are threats to their "beliefs" and wanting to unleash holy hate-crime hell on those persons. 

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/20/696470366/arrested-coast-guard-officer-planned-mass-terrorist-attack-on-a-scale-rarely-se

One psychopath’s story has nothing to do with the other. 

What should be debated that many want to ignore is the deranged one-sided national press/media that so wanted Smollett’s story to be true that in their haste to convict President Trump of anything led to nation wide hysteria from the beginning when the story first broke.  

They the media are the true   culprits in this as they have been in similar cases, that do the most harm to real victims of crime and hatred.

Rick

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 3

27 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

One psychopath’s story has nothing to do with the other. 

What should be debated that many want to ignore is the deranged one-sided national press/media that so wanted Smollett’s story to be true that in their haste to convict President Trump of anything led to nation wide hysteria from the beginning when the story first broke.  

They the media are the true   culprits in this as they have been in similar cases, that do the most harm to real victims of crime and hatred.

Rick

Ah yes. The MEDIA is responsible for the surge in hate crimes (actual factual hate crimes) not the emboldened mooks and xenophobic crazies that are taking to the streets.  Shooting up newspaper offices and mailing shitty bombs to all sorts of news outlets and reporters.  The media reported the attack because the guy was famous and was on a famous show.  I think everyone realized it didn't pass the sniff test pretty early on.  The culprit here is a man who used his power (in this case a recognizable actor) to stage an event that would have caused his brand to go up.  He and only he are to blame in this scenario.  I don't think this was as large of a story as you might believe.  Maybe the morning it came out but again... that sniff test didn't measure up shortly thereafter. 

24 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Ah yes. The MEDIA is responsible for the surge in hate crimes (actual factual hate crimes) not the emboldened mooks and xenophobic crazies that are taking to the streets.  Shooting up newspaper offices and mailing shitty bombs to all sorts of news outlets and reporters.  The media reported the attack because the guy was famous and was on a famous show.  I think everyone realized it didn't pass the sniff test pretty early on.  The culprit here is a man who used his power (in this case a recognizable actor) to stage an event that would have caused his brand to go up. He and only he are to blame in this scenario.  I don't think this was as large of a story as you might believe.  Maybe the morning it came out but again... that sniff test didn't measure up shortly thereafter. 

The national media including NBC’s Robin Roberts on GMA reported on it and gave Smollett an exclusive in-studio interview about it because of his fame.....and his attempt to tie Trump to it.   

And if “He and only he” is to blame then don’t mention “mental illness” and some psycho hyped up on Mexican Tramadol threatening to kill the world....in the same discussion as a popular narcissist celebrity with an obvious political agenda..  

As for your surge in “actual factual hate crimes”,...here’s three recent of dozens of example of videos and a report of “actual factual” violence that stems directly/indirectly from the out of control leftist Trump-Is-Evil derangement that the media has certainly helped perpetuate.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 4

On 3/1/2019 at 1:49 PM, FirefightnRick said:

The national media including NBC’s Robin Roberts on GMA reported on it and gave Smollett an exclusive in-studio interview about it because of his fame.....and his attempt to tie Trump to it.   

And if “He and only he” is to blame then don’t mention “mental illness” and some psycho hyped up on Mexican Tramadol threatening to kill the world....in the same discussion as a popular narcissist celebrity with an obvious political agenda..  

As for your surge in “actual factual hate crimes”,...here’s three recent of dozens of example of videos and a report of “actual factual” violence that stems directly/indirectly from the out of control leftist Trump-Is-Evil derangement that the media has certainly helped perpetuate.

Rick

And funny how attacks of this nature do not garner the same amount of attention from the main stream media.  Gee, wonder why that is?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/02/19/lara_logan_hits_media_for_becoming_left-wing_propagandists_horseshit_low_standards.html

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

• 3 weeks later...