GMG Interview with 4 Star QB Brendon Lewis

TheReal_jayD

• Harry pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • Harry unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Cheer up butter cup. Last time North Texas got beat out by a P5 for a Quarterback after being named to the top 3 was Nick Starkel when he chose A&M. (That scholarship turned into Mason Fine)

Actually, I think we had just as good a shot at Chase Griffin last year, & he went to UCLA.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Actually, I think we had just as good a shot at Chase Griffin last year, & he went to UCLA.

We absolutely did. We were his number 2 team. If it had been a number of other P5 schools we would have landed him. UCLA was his childhood dream school he grew up in California. He never obviously named a top school list why I left him off list. But he was the real deal

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
On 5/12/2019 at 2:45 PM, TheReal_jayD said:

We absolutely did. We were his number 2 team. If it had been a number of other P5 schools we would have landed him. UCLA was his childhood dream school he grew up in California. He never obviously named a top school list why I left him off list. But he was the real deal

I think we can still get him, maybe not next season. CU Head Coach just left for the Michigan State job. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Big Z said:

I think we can still get him, maybe not next season. CU Head Coach just left for the Michigan State job. 

The problem is that he won't be able to take all of his assistants and the remaining ones main jobs are to hold onto the recruits they have or they will be fired by the administration.  So there will be a circling of the wagons so to speak.

• Upvote 1