Florida International (2/16/19)

CMJ

15 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I love @UNT Texas Hooligan  Obviously a big soccer fan and adopts the language of the English hooligan to enforce his name and desired personality. The use of “wanker” and “half wit” is bloody appreciated. 

Or maybe some of us actually lived in England and were  part of hooligan firms for our local soccer team where we got into fights with rival teams, which translated to us coming back and getting into fights with Louisiana Tech fans at Homecoming? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

This team is currently in an impossible situation and those that are apparently unaware of that, know little about sports.   To call a team bad and not worthy of your support based of NT mbb current circumstances illustrates ignorance of the situation. 

Let me try to explain:

NT currently has available the following players:

Miller a 6'3 senior guard who is the best player available and as such is drawing a lot of attention from defenses.

Draper a former 5'10" walk-on who is now starting and as an aside just had his best game ever.

Smart a 6'3 junior who is going through a very up and down year, but even without a reliable shot is not replaceable

Zack Simmons at 6'10 the only true post on the team. A sophomore who has a lot of potential but does not yet play the kind of defense McCasland demands. 

Gibson, a 6'1 shooting guard forced into playing the point.  Has a nice three shot, but does not yet have the experience or temperament to be a great point. 

Now there is the bench which consists of:

6"8" Arikawe, a senior who plays very little even with a club that lacks height and players.   A liability on both ends of the court.

6'3 Weger, a walk-on who has played a total of 16 minutes this year

6'7 Alcindor, a mystery who has played in 3 early games for 25 minutes;  is he injured or they trying for some sort of red shirt? No idea why he is not used with little or no other options. 

You can criticize McCasland for the state of the depth of the team by not having more available players, but IMO you can not criticize the team for poor play with the squad they currently have. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3

41taqVVPW+L._SL500_.jpg

...I would add to this one more thought: know your setting.  I'm okay with all kinds of lingo being thrown around in a sports bar on a Saturday night, but I also know the same words don't work in front of my neighbor's house or at the local park (which I think this forum more closely resembles).  If you're going to use labels like clowns and shitheads in this forum, don't be surprised if your audience gets combative or disagreeable.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Or maybe some of us actually lived in England and were  part of hooligan firms for our local soccer team where we got into fights with rival teams, which translated to us coming back and getting into fights with Louisiana Tech fans at Homecoming? 

Well now, there is something to be proud of.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, greenminer said:

41taqVVPW+L._SL500_.jpg

...I would add to this one more thought: know your setting.  I'm okay with all kinds of lingo being thrown around in a sports bar on a Saturday night, but I also know the same words don't work in front of my neighbor's house or at the local park (which I think this forum more closely resembles).  If you're going to use labels like clowns and shitheads in this forum, don't be surprised if your audience gets combative or disagreeable.

You know what, you're right. Truce Quoner 

• Upvote 1