Florida International (2/16/19)

CMJ

Everyone downvoted me... I'm so damn edgy but oh noes - this proves how REAL I am.  

OR

Sometimes you're just so bad at making even a valid point that people go right to mashing the simplest and easiest way to give real time feedback. This seems to especially happen to people who ONLY seem to show up right when the train goes off the track (especially if you've only been around for 3-4 derailments vs. dozens upon dozens. So yes, even if all the points or valid, you may just suck at conveying it or add absolutely nothing to the discussion.

@CMJ is right - let it go. I'm pretty sure [NAME REDACTED] downvotes every post of mine he sees, but I'd still buy him a ham sandwich and a soda if we ever cross paths. I'm also pretty sure another dude had a fake account now banned that eventually became dedicated to downvoting all my old posts. I guess I could be super pissed about it, but the idea of someone spending his time that way and giving me the headspace is fairly awesome. 

Also, if someone pisses you off consistently, hit ignore. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 3
  • Downvote 6

22 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I wouldn’t worry too much about downvotes. I have someone who downvotes (or gives the eye-roll emoji) on almost all of my posts, positive, negative, or indifferent.

20 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Try not to take downvotes seriously.  I've been downvoted for giving out the correct score (both when we're ahead and when we're trailing - LOL).  🙂  And the more you complain about them, the more likely you are to get them.

Fair play to both of y'all. Just gives some of the wankers on here the appearance that they massively deluded clowns for not accepting valid points 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Don't worry about downvotes. People are going to drop those regardless. Just keep thinking level headed, pro and con comments, and it will do far more good than harm. People on this board still supported McCarney and Benford tooth and nail until thr end. Take that for what it's worth. 

Regarding down votes, I have long ago adopted the famous slogan of my avatar.

For you youngsters, it is "What?! Me worry??!"

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Everyone downvoted me... I'm so damn edgy but oh noes - this proves how REAL I am.  

OR

Sometimes you're just so bad at making even a valid point that people go right to mashing the simplest and easiest way to give real time feedback. This seems to especially happen to people who ONLY seem to show up right when the train goes off the track (especially if you've only been around for 3-4 derailments vs. dozens upon dozens. So yes, even if all the points or valid, you may just suck at conveying it or add absolutely nothing to the discussion.

@CMJ is right - let it go. I'm pretty sure [NAME REDACTED] downvotes every post of mine he sees, but I'd still buy him a ham sandwich and a soda if we ever cross paths. I'm also pretty sure another dude had a fake account now banned that eventually became dedicated to downvoting all my old posts. I guess I could be super pissed about it, but the idea of someone spending his time that way and giving me the headspace is fairly awesome. 

Also, if someone pisses you off consistently, hit ignore. 

Leave it to the second most deluded wanker on this board to have a comment on what I said. It's not about being EDGY you half-wit, it's about being real. I applaud our teams when they do well and call them on their bullshit when they suck, and right now, this team sucks. I'm new to the board so I'll I've had to work with is the football team blowing halftime leads and the basketball team blowing half the season. Forgive me for not looking at everything glass half full like some. I just expect more from my school 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Leave it to the second most deluded wanker on this board to have a comment on what I said. It's not about being EDGY you half-wit, it's about being real. I applaud our teams when they do well and call them on their bullshit when they suck, and right now, this team sucks. I'm new to the board so I'll I've had to work with is the football team blowing halftime leads and the basketball team blowing half the season. Forgive me for not looking at everything glass half full like some. I just expect more from my school 

That sounds really tough. At least Kansas won though!

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 6

3 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Yup, with those retarded, ill-privileged, selfish players in that backwards hole of a state you seem to know so much about 

I don't think you actually know what I've typed and what other people have typed the last time you got dogpiled (for the record, I think the NCAA is a cartel and busting random programs to keep up the charade is terrible and most recruits would be lucky to play there), but I stand by my point that this hard realness is just bad interneting. I'm also bummed to be the second most deluded guy here, especially when I have yet to actually post a single thought about the recent struggles of the team and season so far. How do I move up?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6

3 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

Pod play are not bonus games.

Only Pod 1 can compete for the first round bye and have a realistic shot at a conference tournament.

We have no shot at winning conference but we need the first round off.

No they are not, however that is what they are being called. 

I think you have a reasonable shot at the tournament championship without a bye.   Those non-pod one teams also have the advantage of easier matches in the "bonus" play games.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I think you have a reasonable shot at the tournament championship without a bye.   Those non-pod one teams also have the advantage of easier matches in the "bonus" play games.  

If I understand correctly (and I don’t understand much about pod play haha) only pod 1 can get byes and only pod 1 can win the conference even if a pod 2 team is one game out and goes undefeated. If you aren’t in pod 1 you might as well try to get healthy and play a few guys more minutes. We need to be healthy and have more experience off the bench for the conference tournament.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

If I understand correctly (and I don’t understand much about pod play haha) only pod 1 can get byes and only pod 1 can win the conference even if a pod 2 team is one game out and goes undefeated. If you aren’t in pod 1 you might as well try to get healthy and play a few guys more minutes. We need to be healthy and have more experience off the bench for the conference tournament.

Technically speaking, the regular season champion is only regular season champion.  Officially the tournament champion IS the conference champion.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CMJ said:

I mentioned it earlier in the thread.  The bickering came after.

I must have missed it haha. All I know is this team has disappointed me, but it’s not any one persons fault. It’s a culmination of poor play, injuries, and running the same old offense every game no matter who we play or what we have left. If we cannot get at least one solid post player and an offensive threat over 6’3” in our singing class then my disappointment may carry over for a while. 😕

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Quoner said:

That sounds really tough. At least Kansas won though!

The state of our program right now, we have no place to talk shit about anyone. Kansas win which is something this program can't do against the bottom dwellers of our conference. So by all means, keep using them as a point of reference 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Yes you are absolutely correct. Im just refusing to call them bonus games. Do some teams in conference not get these bonus games? Are we getting extra games compared to other conferences? They will have to be added games to be considered bonus. 

Have you not been paying attention to gomeangreen.com? We are losing now because of our easy schedule.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1