Ryan Woolridge

Philip Ferguson

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/North-Texas-Mean-Green-Ryan-Woolridges-defense-drives-Mean-Green-in-C-USA-play-129069059/

The junior guard from Mansfield, Texas is vastly improving in his third year in Denton, and his defensive motor will lead the Mean Green down the stretch of conference play.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Over the last twenty plus years that I have had season tickets my wife on average attended once or twice a year. She came to all the CBI games last year and has made most games this year. Her favorite player is Ryan Woolridge. She says "he handles the basketball like a musician playing an instrument while performing ballet."

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MCMLXXX said:

Over the last twenty plus years that I have had season tickets my wife on average attended once or twice a year. She came to all the CBI games last year and has made most games this year. Her favorite player is Ryan Woolridge. She says "he handles the basketball like a musician playing an instrument while performing ballet."

His tip in score last Saturday was amazing? GMG 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

Yeah, Chris Davis and Chris Jones were like that (IMO) too.  A joy to watch.

4 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

Do you all sit in front of me in section 106,  The lady in front of me is big Ryan fan.

It'll take a lot for any NT PG to surpass the fun I had watching Josh White orchestrate the offense but Ryan's up there with him.

Incredibly stark contrast between the two - both physically and style of play.  Each seemed to be the perfect fit for the rosters they played with.  With Josh, it felt like he was at the line for clutch free throws in every single game - and his confidence in those moments was felt by everyone in the arena.  Being so small on the whole, Ryan's size, defense, and rebounding are critical to the team's success.

Hard to compare such different players but both defined the term "floor general" for their respective squads.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jdennis82 said:

It'll take a lot for any NT PG to surpass the fun I had watching Josh White orchestrate the offense but Ryan's up there with him.

Incredibly stark contrast between the two - both physically and style of play.  Each seemed to be the perfect fit for the rosters they played with.  With Josh, it felt like he was at the line for clutch free throws in every single game - and his confidence in those moments was felt by everyone in the arena.  Being so small on the whole, Ryan's size, defense, and rebounding are critical to the team's success.

Hard to compare such different players but both defined the term "floor general" for their respective squads.

amen

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jdennis82 said:

Josh was a point guard who really didn't need the ball in his hands for long each possession because he was surrounded by so many that could get their own shot off with ease.  Ryan is lightning quick and his speed keeps opposing defenses always ready to provide help to his man...allowing our shooters to get a sliver of daylight when he passes.  

Josh is still my favorite NT point guard that I've seen, but if Ryan were a clutch free throw shooter he would surpass him in my mind.  

• Upvote 2

On 2/14/2019 at 5:16 PM, emmitt01 said:

Josh was a point guard who really didn't need the ball in his hands for long each possession because he was surrounded by so many that could get their own shot off with ease.  Ryan is lightning quick and his speed keeps opposing defenses always ready to provide help to his man...allowing our shooters to get a sliver of daylight when he passes.  

Josh is still my favorite NT point guard that I've seen, but if Ryan were a clutch free throw shooter he would surpass him in my mind.  

I'm not going to say that you are wrong, but I feel like all Josh White needed was Tristan Thompson. The two of them, together, were greater than the sum of their parts.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

I'm not going to say that you are wrong, but I feel like all Josh White needed was Tristan Thompson. The two of them, together, were greater than the sum of their parts.

I think we may be saying the same thing, just differently. My point was that Josh had guys (mainly Tristan) who didn’t need him to pass them open.  Tristan (my favorite player in the time I’ve been watching religiously BTW) was so good at creating for himself that Josh just needed to get the ball up the floor and take clutch FT’s late.  I would argue that Odufuwa amd others could create solo too though.