New Recuiting Podcast Coming This Week

TheReal_jayD

Awesome!

#F19HTCLUB was a noticeable shift in the quality of player we signed.  What contributed to this? I understand there was a new recruiting coordinator, correct?

Any talk about how hard it is to recruit solid linemen is actually welcome.  Especially anything above and beyond the typical cliche "it's just hard to get those guys when you're not a P5".  Is the landscape for recruiting linemen different than, say, 10 years ago? Than 20 years ago?

How long has TX been doing 7-on-7 competition? Someone suggested last season that this has highlighted the passing game and made our HS players softer/not as physical.  Do you concur, or disagree?

EDIT: what will the priorities be for #UNTAMED20?

Edited by greenminer
  • Confused 1

I may be late here and you may already be recording, but ... What does our kicking team look like with Hedlund no longer here?  How accurate are our new kickers on a scale of 1 to Trevor Moore?

Looking forward to the podcast! 

*Edited to add* Sorry, I just realized you said "Recruiting" podcast, so my question may not apply. 🙂 

Edited by Jessica M Hall
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Jessica M Hall said:

I may be late here and you may already be recording, but ... What does our kicking team look like with Hedlund no longer here?  How accurate are our new kickers on a scale of 1 to Trevor Moore?

Looking forward to the podcast! 

*Edited to add* Sorry, I just realized you said "Recruiting" podcast, so my question may not apply. 🙂 

great question i will make sure and ask. thank you

• Upvote 2

@TheReal_jayD Thanks for reeling in my question on the podcast!  To clarify, I've listened to many of the recruiting podcasts, so I know y'all have one. 🙂 I more so meant I didn't know if my question applied to the topic of recruiting (because I hadn't seen any kicker names with the commits) - I was just curious to hear if they had anyone up-and-coming we hadn't heard much about yet since y'all were talking about next season anyways.  Will keep an eye out for it this spring!  Thanks for the insight as always. 

• Upvote 1