10 Toughest Players to replace in C-USA in 2019

Philip Ferguson

No surprise Devin Singletary is #1.  As much as Rice was/is terrible, Jack Fox had some INCREDIBLE punts in our game against them last year - This is also coming from a girl whose younger and older brothers were FG/kickoff kickers and punters, so we notice kicks in our family.  They were extremely high, which is obviously good strategy to give your players more time to get down the field, but he had distance on them too.  He had a great year, even though Rice as a whole was bad.  Definitely an under-rated kicker. 

Prediction: We will see Mason Fine and maybe 1-2 others on here next year. 

Edited by Jessica M Hall
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Ejiya, Hall, and Brooks are going to be very difficult to replace. Plus Rod Young. 

No doubt.   
I don't think we'll be hurt by Young's replacement.  Not somuch as Young wasn't as important as the others, rather, his replacement (Novil) is light-years ahead of Ejiya/Garner/Hall/Brooks' replacements (????).

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

No doubt.   
I don't think we'll be hurt by Young's replacement.  Not somuch as Young wasn't as important as the others, rather, his replacement (Novil) is light-years ahead of Ejiya/Garner/Hall/Brooks' replacements (????).

I can agree with that. Hopefully one or both of those JUCO DEs from the last class actually does something this season, otherwise we have a depth problem. 

15 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Looking at the list I was taken by the #7 guy from FIU.   Look at the stands there is nobody there.   I assume it is an offical game because they are at the coin toss.  I know we struggle with attendance but that is bad.

I didn't even notice that.  That is pitiful! It looks like they are playing Marshall (only us and them are that bright shade of green).  I have actually been decently impressed with our attendance this past year (except the So Miss game - pitiful people can't even come when it's raining) for the most part.  Compared to what it used to be. Apogee better be sold out when we play Houston this year! 

Edited by Jessica M Hall