New Offensive Coordinator - Bodie Reeder

dml7007

https://www.khq.com/news/ewu-football/reports-eastern-washington-offensive-coordinator-bodie-reeder-headed-to-north/article_50513e3c-6b8d-571d-9a88-6deb88263c02.html

He's a great hire for us, and sounds like he's in lien for a great pay raise!

"North Texas led Conference USA in assistant football coach salaries, according to a USA Today report. Harrell made $275,000 a year at UNT plus incentives before his recent departure."

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I just wanted his two biggest fans to know the legacy lives on and the torch will never flicker. Bless you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

22 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Really excited to see his triple options added to the playbook, although with preferably less QB run game than at EWU. Could be a big wrinkle as far as misdirection and simplifying offensive keys

No. No. No. No. Absolutely not. The triple option is the worst offensive scheme ever invented and is reserved for teams who can't develop larger linemen. It needs to be dropped and banned. God, I hate the triple option. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5026106

EDIT: I know I'm going to catch flak for this, but I don't really care. Sometimes you just gotta voice your opinion, man.

Edited by Jason Howeth
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

41 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

No. No. No. No. Absolutely not. The triple option is the worst offensive scheme ever invented and is reserved for teams who can't develop larger linemen. It needs to be dropped and banned. God, I hate the triple option. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5026106

Paging @FirefightnRick

I'll step back and grab my popcorn now.

EDIT:  Just my $.02, having deceptive pre-snap movement and tricky running plays incorporated into your Air-Raid playbook cannot be a bad thing.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Jason Howeth said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5026106

If this is serious then it's one of the worst "sports takes" I've seen on this site.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jason Howeth said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5026106

Just saying.... the offense can be unstoppable if executed correctly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jason Howeth said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5026106

They're not traditional triple options.

something like a motion Jet Sweep with a counter and a bubble screen to the slot would fit well in our current offense.

Bussey coming across on the sweep action with Torrey running the counter gives you plenty of time to read the key and if neither of those is open you have a screen to a guy like Darden as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2