New Offensive Coordinator - Bodie Reeder

dml7007

4 hours ago, meanrob said:

I don't know his exact role at EWU (if he called plays) but Eastern is a yearly offensive juggernaut and is a quarterback factory. And the Big Sky is no joke. 

How they did last year- https://goeags.com/cumestats.aspx?path=football&year=2018&

He called plays. Coach Best is a pretty hands off guy. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, LouFan said:

Y’all are getting a good one! Here’s a good article on him. 

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/chalk-talk-why-bodie-reeder-should-be-osus-next-offensive-coordinator/

Welcome and thank you for sharing. I get more excited the more I read

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1

Exciting hire.

Also of note, included in his recruiting area at Eastern Washington...

https://goeags.com/coaches.aspx?rc=119

image.png.c77d1298c33a76696030cca288e6262b.png

He seems to bring a new creativity that I think will serve our squad well.  The leadership of next season's seniors wouldn't allow for a relaxed spring practice anyway, but I think having new blood on the staff will force players to be more engaged as they learn new schemes/plays while also giving our defense new looks and wrinkles when they scrimmage.  The continuity last year served us well and I will root for Harrell in Southern California, but this hire looks very promising.

• Upvote 4

I liked GH and hoped he would have success here, but that's history now.

Was confident in our staff trying to get a good replacement, but was afraid there wouldn't be a good choice this late.  I don't know much about Reeder, but have watched some EWU games and am really excited about this hire.   Hoep he's got some ideas that can help make up for the limitations of our OL as well.

• Upvote 1

Just got time to read the chalk talk article and see the film they put in of Reeder's offense.  I am very excited for this hire.  We should have the right skill positions to execute his offense at a high level. Especially considering line play at the FCS level isn't the best and considering our OLine play has been pretty bad by FBS standards, the creativity of Reeder's schemes could really open this puppy up.  I'm excited. I'm pretty sure this is a case of it fitting like a glove.

12 hours ago, LouFan said:

Both! Would’ve loved to have seen him stay but happy for this opportunity for him. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and insight. How do you feel about the red turf?

Edited by UNTLifer

46 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

So who's calling plays? Seth or Bodie.. seems like a win win!

Seth has confirmed he's going to call plays during the Spring.   
Likely to show his offense to Reeder so he can get a good idea of what Seth is wanting to do overall when the season kicks off in the Fall.   Reeder will likely take over playcalling in the Fall, unless Seth doesn't like what he's seeing.

• Thanks 1